Party Manifesto

JGowans

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gowans:

While your opinion is as valuable as anyone elses around here, I share some frusteration reading many of your posts. You brag about coming here on a track scholarship, (using the system) put down Americans who don't have worldly knowledge or education like yourself, your plan is to make as much money as possible (again using the system) then go back to Scottland. At the same time you have made it very clear that you don't like our government policies or administration. You are hypocritical, belittling and frankly insulting to the point of my blood boiling.

If you were a guest in my home, for some strange reason, and made some of these comments, you'd certainly be shown the door. And I don't give a rat's hairy ass if this is full of spelling errors, I didn't go to college.

Wish you luck and God's speed getting back to Scottland.

Bronco said:

Gowans:

While your opinion is as valuable as anyone elses around here, I share some frusteration reading many of your posts. You brag about coming here on a track scholarship, (using the system) put down Americans who don't have worldly knowledge or education like yourself, your plan is to make as much money as possible (again using the system) then go back to Scottland. At the same time you have made it very clear that you don't like our government policies or administration. You are hypocritical, belittling and frankly insulting to the point of my blood boiling.

If you were a guest in my home, for some strange reason, and made some of these comments, you'd certainly be shown the door. And I don't give a rat's hairy ass if this is full of spelling errors, I didn't go to college.

Wish you luck and God's speed getting back to Scottland.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I just want to point out though that "using the system" connotes that I received something for free and there's some kind of benevolence involved. What I've had from my experience in the U.S. has been earned. Plain and simple. The track scholarship was offered to me because I deserved it as have jobs and earnings.

Regarding current status of government in the U.S., no I don't support it, and there's a fair amount of Americans that don't support it. I'll give credit where credit is due, and I just don't think it's warranted at the moment with our current government.

There are plenty of other threads here where I've expressed enjoyment regarding something American so it's not that I'm anti-American...far from it.

Perhaps it just grates you to hear criticisms that bear some truth, and the only response you and your ilk have is to point out that I'm not American, my opinion is illegitimate, and that I should go back to wherever I came from.

Like JoshK said earlier, put some thought into the points that are raised and debate the points instead of focusing on me not being American. I obviously bring a different angle to many issues and raise some topics that I know will be controversial, but I am genuinely interested to hear how Americans feel about what is being said about them around the world.

trask said:

JG, for the most part, Americans could give a rat's ass about what the rest of the world thinks about them. We live and play in the greatest country in the world, and therefore can snub our noses at anyone we wish.

Abundantly clear Trask. Judging by the other threads regarding travel and airline stories though, it looks like a lot of cc.com folks have traveled and I'd hazard a guess that they are interested in the rest of the world, and curious about how the U.S. is perceived by other nations.

JGowans said:

trask said:

JG, for the most part, Americans could give a rat's ass about what the rest of the world thinks about them. We live and play in the greatest country in the world, and therefore can snub our noses at anyone we wish.

Abundantly clear Trask. Judging by the other threads regarding travel and airline stories though, it looks like a lot of cc.com folks have traveled and I'd hazard a guess that they are interested in the rest of the world, and curious about how the U.S. is perceived by other nations.

Perhaps - I can only speak for the stay-at-home Neanderthals that I hang out with. I'm so confused cry.gif

JGowans said:

Perhaps it just grates you to hear criticisms that bear some truth, and the only response you and your ilk have is to point out that I'm not American, my opinion is illegitimate, and that I should go back to wherever I came from.

Good summarization, your reading comprehension is ok for someone who speaks English as a second language. rolleyes.gif

I never said your opinion wasn't valid, (I acually said the opposite), and the subjects you present are nothing I haven't pondered a lot. I'm just tired of hearing you critcize the system that benefits you so generously, like it has for me.

You asked for my response so here it is:

I believe that I owe my wife and daughter's lives to the second amendment. While I was at work one day, my wife phoned to let me know there was a man attempting to enter our home and she had called the police. As the same strange man had been lurking around peeking in our windows the night before, I advised her to retrieve her duck hunting gun (Remington 820 Express thumbs_up.gif) from the safe, load it and stand guard at the top of the stairs. The previous night, this never seen before guy was caught by me in our back yard, peeking in the window. I confronted him, demanded he leave and when he didn't called the police. He then attempted to move past me wanting to get inside the house. He was unsucessful and ran off into the dark, before the police arrived. I could have restrained him, but, he was pretty hairy looking and I was a little rattled from him attempting to get past me. The Sheriff's deputy took down our name and that was it. Said to call back if he showed up again. Didn't bother to look for him, it was pretty dark & stormy.

The next morning, (while I was at work) the same intruder came back, forced the backdoor open, walked over to the bottom of the stairs, noticed a stern looking woman with a large bore gun pointed at his torso and made the wise decision to leave when she demanded he do so. From a window, she watched him leave the house, walk across the street and up a neighbor's driveway.

The police got there 40 minutes after she called. They did go talk to the strange man who was staying with relatives at the residence she watched him return to. That was it. They said he was crazy sounding and should go to a hospital and they even advised him not to return to our home. I demanded they arrest him for breaking and entering and they refused. They wouldn't do anything but take down our names and number. He reportedly moved out shortly after, the people who's house he was staying with would never talk to me when I called and told me they would call the police if I set foot on their property, the police told me they would arrest me if I did when I called them to question the legality of this issue. I just wanted to know if the guy was crazy or on drugs or a convicted felon or what.

I'm glad my wife didn't shoot him, but, I don't think he would have been detured with a baseball bat or some other weapon and really don't like to dwell on "what if" and won't discuss it further.

So while this is all retorical fun and games to you, it means A LOT to some of us who feel like they have no choice but to live somewhat independantly from the protection of offered by our great country. If that's the price we pay, so be it, it's worth it to me and every one of my friends.

Good story. That's what I'm talking about. The jousting back and forth. You are obviously an advocate of the 2nd amendment, and have real life stories to back it up. I on the other hand am not, and have never encountered a need for a gun. I' m glad you chose to address the topic instead of my citizenship. thumbs_up.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

I just don't think it's warranted at the moment with OUR current government

confused.gif

Ours in the sense that I live here and feel the effects of the administration's policies just as much as any other person in this country (moreso in that I'm a foreigner and am subject to additional scrutiny).

JGowans said:

Fence_Sitter said:

I just don't think it's warranted at the moment with OUR current government

confused.gif

Ours in the sense that I live here and feel the effects of the administration's policies just as much as any other person in this country (moreso in that I'm a foreigner and am subject to additional scrutiny).

And unfortunately for the rest of the world, *they* also feel the effects of the current deuche bag we have in office.