Tent and gear on Baker

KoolMoG

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, it was pretty brutal to get back down from the N Ridge and see the empty space where the tent was supposed to be...a couple other tents blew down from the 6800 ft camp site but didn't go as far and someone was cool enough to put snow in them so they wouldn't keep going

KoolMoG said:

On Coleman side...gale force winds blew away my sierra designs tent w/ lots of gear in it...including sleeping bags, osprey pack, thermarest..someone saw it heading down towards glacier overlook (~5000 ft) but we couldn't find it...

do you mean it went into the coleman glacier?

Yeah, it rolled down along the Coleman, where it ended up I have no idea...we were camped at about 6200 ft just east of the 6000 ft camp area...if it kept going east into the giant serac field, it's as good as gone...I'm hoping either someone picked it up or that it rolled far enough down that it ended up in the trees somewhere

• 3 weeks later...

fruit.gif

Gear recovered! (most of it anyway)...Someone cragging on the lower Coleman found the waterlogged tent between seracs and was cool enough to pick up some of the gear and report it to the rangers who picked up the rest...tent was pretty trashed w/ multiple holes which probably explains some of the stuff that is still missing. Glad I waited a few weeks before trying to replace everything...