Ironhorse?

daler

Does anyone know why and who took out the upper two pins on Ironhorse at Index. Not really a problem as the gear is still Ok but just wondering. Also why did they not take out the lower pins as there is also gear near these. And who the fuck keeps cutting the equalized webbing I put on the lower pins?? You can't fit a carabiner through them as they are way bent.

Dale

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lame. I've left webbing on Iron Horse and have come back latter only to find it missing. Totally pisses me off. It really helps when your fee climbing the thing. My opinion is leave the friggin webbing in place.

Double lame to the idiot who pulled the pins. I know they are super bomber cause I've whipped on them plenty of times. Don't be surpised if you find a couple new ones, but I have yet to look at the gear on the upper part. If you were going to pull any pins I would pull the lower ones. They are not as good.

I hate Mundaze.

Peter_Puget said:

Wa son eof those upper pins at the base of the flare? I fso last time I climbed that the pin was cracked.

Also Index sucks let's all follow TLG to the Valley!

PP bigdrink.gif

werd!!! lets restart quarrying!!! wait then it would be like vantage!!!!!!! or wait is vantage like index now???

quarrying for routes!!!!!!

hahaha.gif

erik said:

Peter_Puget said:

Wa son eof those upper pins at the base of the flare? I fso last time I climbed that the pin was cracked.

Also Index sucks let's all follow TLG to the Valley!

PP bigdrink.gif

werd!!! lets restart quarrying!!! wait then it would be like vantage!!!!!!! or wait is vantage like index now???

quarrying for routes!!!!!!

hahaha.gif

All of Index is a chipped hold. Don't go there, ever.

TimL said:

Lame. I've left webbing on Iron Horse and have come back latter only to find it missing. Totally pisses me off. It really helps when your fee climbing the thing. My opinion is leave the friggin webbing in place.

Double lame to the idiot who pulled the pins. I know they are super bomber cause I've whipped on them plenty of times. Don't be surpised if you find a couple new ones, but I have yet to look at the gear on the upper part. If you were going to pull any pins I would pull the lower ones. They are not as good.

I hate Mundaze.

What about equalizing it w/ cables and a fast link and then kink the thread???

Crackbolter said:

What about slamming in one bolt rather than widening the crack to the point of "clean climbing" the crack?

HAHAH

I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO CHIME IN!!!!!!

I WAS ACTUALLY THINKING THE SAME THING...

WE WERE ON DANA'S ARCH YESTERDAY AND THAT 1ST PITCH IS WAY HARD!!!! THO I AM UP IN THE AIR WHETER IT WAS A GOOD TO BOLT IT AND TURN IT INTO A SAFE(RELATIVLY SPEAKING 1ST BOLT IS HEADY!!) OR CONTINUE TO NAIL IT AND TURN IT INTO A TRAD LEADABLE .10 OR SO????

I prefer other areas to index but when I do go there, espcially midweek I have seen some odd scavenging.

Last time I was there I watched a dude go way way out of his way to go after a pin that had been fixed on a free route ( I think the pin had been a fixture for decades)? --It wasn't iron horse though. I didn't confront the dude because he looked pretty psycho and didn't say anything when I said hi earlier. I've also saw the dude climbing the g/n slab with a hammer and assumed he was looking for any booty. A lot of scavenging goes on out at index (sadly even old webbing). Plus the place is a magnet for weirdos. I hear the ringing of hammer a lot over in the g/n and roger's corner areas.

Jens said:

I didn't confront the dude because he looked pretty psycho and didn't say anything when I said hi earlier. Plus the place is a magnet for weirdos.

Local Index flavor! What else you gonna do now that they closed the tavern down?

I'm proud to say, I have never removed any of the fixed pins or webbing on them. I've always just left the webbing on the pins on Iron Horse. I have taken all the bail biners I can get off of routes though.

I saw a nut and a biner up on Narrow Arrow Direct a while a go. I should have gone up and got it. Did any of you? Booty rockband.gif