Greatest Trad Route Name

Bob_Clarke

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Any of the routes with the FA teams' names i.e.: Kor-Ingalls, Steck-Salathe', Chouinard-Herbert...they keep our heritage/history in people's thoughts.

2. Separate Reality (read the book). As a side note, I got royally spanked on this route, watch "Acending rhythm" if you want the crux exit move beta.

3. Astroman (because it could be called DanLarson and still not suck).

4. Hall of Mirrors (with 5.12+ slab climbing on several pitches, what else could you call it?)So far out of my league it's not even funny.

5. Supercrack/Incredible Handcrack (most apt route names ever)

6. Tuesday's Gone (the name given in Dixie Cragger's Atlas for the retro-bolted Fat Tuesday)

7. Disco Machine Gun (because it sounds cool)

will

1) its Disco Gun Machine not Disco machine gun.

2) routes named after the guys who climbed them are cause they were too dumb to think up a good name. those names are lame* the only thing worse is routes named after a geographic feature like "North Ridge" or "West Face"

*except for the Cheesmond/Dick. aka Dickcheese, mon!

quote:

Originally posted by panther:
Dru, I thought Sean E named that route. That's what he told me anyway...oh well...he's on a Rock and Ice cover and we're not...

You are thinking of "Skull Fuck". Negro Lesbian got put up while Easton was still soiling his diapers.

not at all, that wasn't directed toward you. I was just joking along. I don't have any routes at vantage (except for "the 51st classic of north amerika" at the feathers)- (I noticed some new chalk on it, so it's living up to it's name.) I replaced some anchors that were stolen above some of the CRACK routes, and some fucker stole them again.

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:
Great Trad Route name I've ever encountered? Easy! "North Ridge of Mt. Stuart". It's witty, clever, and to the point.
[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

That would be a better route name if it was located on Ingalls Peak, to confuse people. Like there is a route called "The North Face of the Eiger" on Alps Rock in J-Tree.