Bizarro CascadeClimbers.com

layton

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E-rock said:

Hey chirp, the least you can do is check for correct spelling on YOUR sig before pasting it all over the world wide web. Sheesh

Hey E-Rock dont blame me for the poor spelling/grammar. That was taken from a direct quote about me from Michael_Layton. tongue.gif (I respect his perceptive qualities immensely!)

michael_layton said:

First of all your an arrogant idiot.

(message shortened for brevity) Edited by chirp

catbirdseat said:

Hiking is both a means to an end and an end in and of itself. Ridiculing those who are in the latter category is simply another form of chest beating by climbers who are having really slow days at work, or are unemployed and won't get their butts off the sofa to go climbing.

Bravo!

I'll agree with CBS. While I enjoy climbing (and that's where I'll be spending most of my free time this summer), hiking certainly has it's place. If you don't like hiking, then you must not like a significant portion of climbing, considering how much of an approach a lot of climbs have. If you enjoy hiking, then you'll enjoy the whole experience, not just the a short section in the middle.

A hike for the sake of hiking, whether it's just doing Angels Rest or the Timberline Trail in a day, is certainly something worth doing.

(For the record, the best day of my life was a hiking day...)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...