ice tools

minx

lummox said:

minx said:

Any of the girls want to share what they've selected and why they like or dislike them?

knock it off. i cant take any more teasing. cry.gif

You're mistaken, she said "too big for her hands" so I assume she wasn't talking about you. No offense, it was just to easy...

Minx, the Charlet Moser Quark, and the new BD viper should do the trick. Less technical, but light and powerful are the Axars. These are also very very good tools. I would not select a Trango, DMM, or Grivel tool. I love my Cobras, but they do have a wide shaft. OTher small shafted tools may include, Iain, Trask, and Necronomicon.

Edited by michael_layton

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

michael_layton said:

lummox said:

minx said:

Any of the girls want to share what they've selected and why they like or dislike them?

knock it off. i cant take any more teasing. cry.gif

You're mistaken, she said "too big for her hands" so I assume she wasn't talking about you. No offense, it was just to easy...

Minx, the Charlet Moser Quark, and the new BD viper should do the trick. They are also very very good tools. I love my Cobras, but they do have a wide shaft. OTher small shafted tools may include, Iain, Trask, and Necronomicon.

and for a shaftless tool, call mike layton at 360-URSTUCK

I like: Grivel Rambos, Quarks

I am equivocal about: Axars, Prophets

I don't like: Cobras, Rages.

Simonds have been recommend by others as good girly tools ... but I have never tried them.

Demoing is the way to go to choose a tool ...

yet another post from someone who didn't read the "any girls out there" comment...

I've used the Trangos (Captain Hooks) on water ice in NY, and I really like them. I've done some mixed climbing on them, and they performed well. I've heard rumors about picks breaking, but we were only doing top-roping, so it didn't really concern us. I've also used some Simond Piranhas, and I found them to be light (which I liked). For what it's worth, I've used some Cobras and Quarks just tooling around at the bottom of a climb and the Cobras had the best swing I've felt. I didn't care for the Quarks too much. Unfortunately, this was all a few years ago, so I can't vouch for the size of the handles. I don't have small hands, but I was using huge mittens and didn't have any problem with the grips.