Mmmm Yummy!

snoboy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snoboy said:

...home made Strawberry Rhubarb pie...

thumbs_up.gifThat's gotta be my favorite pie, that and straight rhubarb pie. I had a recipe once for rhubarb pie from Betty Crocker, and once when I had some fresh rhubarb from my Aunt's garden I got adventurous and baked a pie. The ingredients were pretty simple: rhubarb, flour, and sugar. And it was AWESOME!

Those mixed berry pies are damn good too!

Lucky bastard tongue.gif

Rubarb bread is good climbing fuel too. More like rubarb cake really. I used it to get in the good graces of the lead RMI guide on a climb when I was a noobie. He had a reputation for being pretty hardnosed and proved it with most other climbers but me. He'd just mosey over and give me some advice, real nice like, then inquire if I had any more of that "good rubarb stuff"

I had a bunch of rhubarb I bought from the farmers market out here a number of weeks ago. Made 2 strawberry/rhubarb and 2 rhubarb pies, along with rhubarb coffee cake and sauce. I made many friends that week! grin.gif

Now that Ive figured out how to bake over a fire without buying a dutch oven,Im going to bring some rhubarb with me the next time I head up north to camp and attempt making it with fresh picked raspberries.

MMMMMMMM Good!