Trad Techtip

richard_noggin

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retrosoreass wave.gif

What's a matter dude , don't have a funny bone, you can throw some dung my way I can take it.

Yes I do have have first ascents, you have even climbed a few , I won't tell you how many or the names 007/dickhead.

Lighten up dude climbing and spray is about FUN

yelrotflmao.gifwave.gif

I can't believe climbing put that dung under Trad Tech Tip

i dunno about that new staff. rolleyes.gif

Even a day glow spandex sporto mofo would get castrated pitty.gif for pull'n that kind of pussboy ascent.

Paul_detrick said:

Is there a link somewhere, watz it say?

Keep your eye out for the August issue of climbing.

Dickhead's written version:

It shows drawn pic's of trad climbers discretely pinching the rope with their hip, knee, foot and whatever calling it DT (discrete tension) rolleyes.gif

In my (dickhead opinion) it is way disgraceful to trad climbers, and in the short time that climbing mag has changed staff it has fall'n to the bottom like a bumbly on a multi pitch.

I will not be renewing my subscription.

the_finger.gif climbing mag and Primedia the wallmart(cheap and unethical) of magazines

richard_noggin said:

Keep your eye out for the August issue of climbing.

Dickhead's written version:

It shows drawn pic's of trad climbers discretely pinching the rope with their hip, knee, foot and whatever calling it DT (discrete tension) rolleyes.gif

In my (dickhead opinion) it is way disgraceful to trad climbers, and in the short time that climbing mag has changed staff it has fall'n to the bottom like a bumbly on a multi pitch.

I will not be renewing my subscription.

the_finger.gif climbing mag and Primedia the wallmart(cheap and unethical) of magazines

I just read it this weekend. I'd venture to say that more sprot climbers likely practice this technique than do trad climbers. What a load of crap! If you're going to hang on the rope to rest, at least be man (or woman) enough to yell 'take' and do it in style. I suspect Climbing mag had plenty of sprot-related tech tips and had to slide one of them over to the trad column because they lack the imagination or trad experience to come up with any more tech tips truly related to trad climbing.

I wonder what new color they'll come up with to differentiate between that kind of ascent and a true free ascent of a route? How about a "yellow point"....too afraid or ashamed to let your buds know you're taking a little rest....or a 'royal blue point"...an ego the size of a king that won't let you admit you need to cheat in order to maintain the appearance of honor.

My first reaction was to think that this was another fine piece of 'journalism' from J. Thesenga, but a look at the byline disproved that idea, not to mention the fact he'd probably been canned by the time that issue went to press.