Study Finds Jack Shit

catbirdseat

Some guy asked me to post this for him.

BALTIMORE—A team of scientists at Johns Hopkins University announced Monday that a five-year study examining the link between polyphenols and lower cholesterol rates has found jack shit.

"I can't explain what happened," head researcher Dr. Jeremy Ingels said. "We meticulously followed correct scientific procedure. Our methods were sufficiently rigorous that they should have produced some sort of result. Instead, we found out nothing."

Added Ingels: "Nothing!"

As Ingels stepped aside to compose himself, fellow researcher Dr. Thomas Chen took the podium to discuss the $7 million jack-shit-yielding study.

"We are all very upset," Chen said. "When we began, this looked so promising, I would have bankrolled it myself. Now, after five years, I couldn't tell you if polyphenols even exist."

The study, which Chen characterized as a "huge waste of time and money," was financed by a Johns Hopkins alumni grant to determine the effects of the compound polyphenol on cholesterol. A known antioxidant found in herbs, teas, olive oil, and wines, polyphenol was originally thought to lower cholesterol—a theory that remains unproven because the Johns Hopkins researchers couldn't prove squat.

Fuck all you morons! trask

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid that trask is at this very moment experiencing "Spray Delirium Tremens" or SDT. He's trying to break free of his addiction, but as you know it is very hard and very few have ever fully recovered from cc.com. Most of the ones that have stopped posting have been seen panhandling at such places as Mercer Avenue and Fairview. In trask's case, he has built up such a huge tolerance for spray that he is currently writhing in agony. Perhaps we could get Johnny Destiny to say a prayer for him?

catbirdseat said:

I am afraid that trask is at this very moment experiencing "Spray Delirium Tremens" or SDT. He's trying to break free of his addiction, but as you know it is very hard and very few have ever fully recovered from cc.com. Most of the ones that have stopped posting have been seen panhandling at such places as Mercer Avenue and Fairview. In trask's case, he has built up such a huge tolerance for spray that he is currently writhing in agony. Perhaps we could get Johnny Destiny to say a prayer for him?

Whoa...so you are saying that trask is really that "visions of a cheesburger" guy!??! cheeburga_ron.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

So you are saying we should cut him off, cold turkey. What if it is too much to bear and he comes back begging to Jon to reinstate his account? Hopefully he got Jon to swear not to do it. Reminds me of Odysseus and the Sirens, when he told his crew to tie him to the mast and put wax in their ears and not untie him no matter what he said or did.

JoshK said:

catbirdseat said:

Whoa...so you are saying that trask is really that "visions of a cheesburger" guy!??! cheeburga_ron.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

The Cheeseburger man always seems to have a glazed over look a lot. I like the "I'm living in a tent with 3 children" lady more, she's nicer.

sobo said:

catbirdseat said: Mark Twain once said, "I can quit smoking cigars any time I want to. I've already done it a thousand times."

Kinda like my motto: "I'm never gonna drink again... again!"

I read some where "quiting smoking is the easiest thing in the world, you just never put a lit cigartette in your mouth again EVER. It is the getting there that is the hard part."

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif To me for quitting again wink.gif