Dru

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

I jusdt got back from some ground up rock climbing exploration.

First time I have bolted on lead. First time on the Coast for full on cleaning on lead too.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif the Fun Factor is thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

but boy am I dirteeee

Dru Darling, I think you may have a bit of DIRT in your eye. I do believe it has effected your spelling wink.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Dru said:

First time I have bolted on lead. First time on the Coast for full on cleaning on lead too.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif the Fun Factor is thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

but boy am I dirteeee

Dru Darling, I think you may have a bit of DIRT in your eye. I do believe it has effected your spelling wink.gif

least i know how to spell "affected" tongue.gif

Dru said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Dru said:

but boy am I dirteeee

least i know how to spell "affected" tongue.gif

I considered spelling it with an "a" but flipped a coin and went with the E wink.gifgrin.gif

"affect" is always a verb form."effect" is a noun.

affect: verb transitive. to produce an effect in, to impress. to assume pretentiously, to use or favor as a personal preference. How were you affected by the change in regulations?

effect: noun. something produced by an agent or cause. power to produce or cause results. mental impression, main idea, or meaning. to bring about or accomplish, to produce or make. Now that was the effect I was hoping for.

Dru is clearly correct in the usage chosen in this context. There endeth the lesson...

iain said:

sobo said:

Dru is clearly correct in the usage chosen in this context.

Inappropriate shift in tense.

How so? We are talking in the past tense here. Spelling has been affected blah blah blah. I'm no ENglish major, but I do know past tense when I see it. wink.gif

Of course, Dru may be inappropriate... grin.gif