Fuck Hollywood

allthumbs

Fairweather:

Did you NOT say that it seemed somehow hypocritical that some "liberals" were criticizing a boycott against the Dixie Chicks and Danny Glover? Isn't any boycott against them based on the dislike for their recent criticism of George Bush and company? Like I said, just what are you talking about here? Who is the liberal, and what hypocrisy did they speak in criticizing a boycott that you implied support for?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, yeah I am new around these boards, but Fuck that...Flash you are out of line. If you don't like our military, President, or government, then move your ass the hell out of this great country. Prove they lied....show me some evidence. They went in with the best knowledge they had. The UN guys were not allowed in for over 2 years (maybe longer) until just months before the war. The guy was hiding something. He had shit before and used it and he had shit in January. Their top scientist from the deck of most wanted said so. Anyway, I think they should have waited longer and given the UN more time, but I understand that it was going to endanger more lives if we did so.

As far as the right to free speech, hell yeah...you got it, I got it, and everybody in this country has it. I have that right to go to some assholes funeral and yell, "Hey you fucking prick I am glad you are dead." But I don't and most sane people would not. Why? Cause we have some class and etiquette, even if it is low. So, you people speak your mind all you want, but when the fighting starts and the war is on, then it is time to get behind your boys. I am sure everybody knows someone in the military that could use some support.

I for one sleep better every night knowing that Saddam is dead or hiding in some hole. That threat has been neutralized. It does scare me a little when I realize how fine of a line it is between a liberal and an extremist. Thanks Trask, maybe I will avoid the movies too. madgo_ron.gif

trask said:

erik said:

trask said:

you people have bad attitudes - why is that?

trask

should i post 1 of your odd 7000 or so negative posts?

I find it odd that as I'm mellowing and becoming more desirable with age

hahaha.gif Ah, the delusional onset of fogeyhood... hahaha.gif

n98947 said:

Ok, yeah I am new around these boards, but Fuck that...Flash you are out of line. If you don't like our military, President, or government, then move your ass the hell out of this great country. Prove they lied....show me some evidence. They went in with the best knowledge they had. The UN guys were not allowed in for over 2 years (maybe longer) until just months before the war. The guy was hiding something. He had shit before and used it and he had shit in January. Their top scientist from the deck of most wanted said so. Anyway, I think they should have waited longer and given the UN more time, but I understand that it was going to endanger more lives if we did so.

As far as the right to free speech, hell yeah...you got it, I got it, and everybody in this country has it. I have that right to go to some assholes funeral and yell, "Hey you fucking prick I am glad you are dead." But I don't and most sane people would not. Why? Cause we have some class and etiquette, even if it is low. So, you people speak your mind all you want, but when the fighting starts and the war is on, then it is time to get behind your boys. I am sure everybody knows someone in the military that could use some support.

I for one sleep better every night knowing that Saddam is dead or hiding in some hole. That threat has been neutralized. It does scare me a little when I realize how fine of a line it is between a liberal and an extremist. Thanks Trask, maybe I will avoid the movies too. madgo_ron.gif

yellaf.gif

mattp said:

Fairweather:

Did you NOT say that it seemed somehow hypocritical that some "liberals" were criticizing a boycott against the Dixie Chicks and Danny Glover? Isn't any boycott against them based on the dislike for their recent criticism of George Bush and company? Like I said, just what are you talking about here? Who is the liberal, and what hypocrisy did they speak in criticizing a boycott that you implied support for?

Yes mattp. But there is a big difference between private citizens shouting down each other and governmental attempts squelch free speech. I was under the impression that this is what you implied in your "free to criticize the government/constitutional" statement. Maybe we're talking past eachother here.

Perhaps you can demonstrate where government ie: the Bush administration has restricted free speech?

...actually, the only example that I can think of is the Campaign Finance Reform Act (bi-partisan) which will soon be squashed in the supreme court.

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Matt in person. Great guy. His trip reports here inspire me. He climbs like I wish I could...and a lot more often! But that doesn't mean I have to agree with him re politics....although I suspect there is much more common ground than you'd think. grin.gif

Fairweather-

You actually started this particular exchange by noting that some liberal hypocrites were denying somebody (you?) the right to boycott the Dixie Chicks. You still haven't answered my question: what are you talking about?

As far as denying free speech when it comes to criticizing the government, I'm not sure it meets your definition of a "governmental attempt to stifle free speech" but anybody who criticized the war plan was branded a traitor by the Bush administration and the press -- remember the reaction to some remarks by Patty Murray and Jim McDermott? And the White House press briefings are nothing but a joke. Remember how Helen Thomas was blacklisted and sent to the back of the press room when she did not follow the softball script? Yes, you might say these are public figures who had a responsibility to support the President in a time of war, but someone else might say they had a responsibility to ask questions that nobody else on Capitol Hill or in the Press was asking.

ChrisT-

Sorry to dissapoint but we can't entertain you all the time.

I think there is a difference between supporting the president in a war that is a foreign adventure versus a war for the safety or survival of the country. In the case of Iraq or Vietnam our country was not in any way threatened (though many would disagree). The war in Afganistan represents the latter case. There, we were fighting directly against the terrorists and those that harbored them. In the case of Afganistan I think the vast majority WAS behind the president.

n98947 said:

Trask? M'Adam? Caveman? Whose avatar is this, anyway?

In any case, nice use of your Right Wing Vocab AutoPosting tool, tool. Does it randomly generate the posts for you, or do you simply select words and phrases and paste them together to form a semi-coherent party line message?

yellowsleep.gif

catbirdseat said:

I think there is a difference between supporting the president in a war that is a foreign adventure versus a war for the safety or survival of the country. In the case of Iraq or Vietnam our country was not in any way threatened (though many would disagree). The war in Afganistan represents the latter case. There, we were fighting directly against the terrorists and those that harbored them. In the case of Afganistan I think the vast majority WAS behind the president.

there were a shitload of protestors even for afghanistan! yellaf.gif

I think Catbird is right, however, that there wasn't nearly as much opposition to invading Afghanistan as Iraq. I didn't think it was a good idea and I still don't, because it seems we really haven't changed much in Afghanistan, but as Catbird points out, Afghanistan was harboring terrorists and public support for that war was stronger (international support was too).

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Trask? M'Adam? Caveman? Whose avatar is this, anyway?

In any case, nice use of your Right Wing Vocab AutoPosting tool, tool. Does it randomly generate the posts for you, or do you simply select words and phrases and paste them together to form a semi-coherent party line message?

yellowsleep.gif

That is about right, typical liberal...If you don't agree with me you must be an asshole, I will call you some names, run around screaming, and maybe even torch something. Oh, nice touch trying to discredit the new guy too. Otherwise, no come back or argument...par for the course from a liberal.

Seriously though, don't you have a clue Flash? Are you one of those guys that thinks that you have the right to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater when there is not one? Do you not at least think that it is in bad taste to criticize the troops and the President in a war time situation? Like I said, protest all you want...right up until the fighting starts, then it is time to stand united as one! Oh and by the way genius, it is the 1st amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Do you also think it was about oil? If it were about oil, we would own Saudi Arabia. Most of the 9/11 hijackers came from there you know. It was about violations of the 1991 cease fire, continued research and production of banned weapons, Saddam rewarding the 9/11 hijackers families and suicide bombers families, and yeah it was a little personal for G.W..

Fuck the Dixie Chix! Fuck that director that won at the Oscar's, I bet he never wins anything again. Fuck all of the unemployed liberals that have nothing else better to do than criticize our country. Get educated and get a job.

moon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gif

n98947 said:

[blah blah blah typical drivel almost too painful to even read blah blah blah]

Damn! Whoever you are, you're stale and boring. Here's a refreshing idea: instead of gleefully tying on your Amerikan flag blindfold and diving off the cliff after all the other lemmings, try stopping and thinking about things.

Doubtless a foreign concept (What? Our "leaders" may not actually have anyone's interests but their own in mind? They might actually fabricate information in order to gain our support?), but give it a shot.

n98947 said:

That is about right, typical liberal...If you don't agree with me you must be an asshole, I will call you some names, run around screaming, and maybe even torch something.

N98947, you are the one getting all hostile here and I think that on the bulletin board it is those that profess to hate the liberals that consistently spew the most name calling and seathing animosity, not the other way around. The same is also true in the nation as a whole: check out the book "Blinded by the Right," by Brock. Liberals may rightfully be accused of being smug, or they may be out of touch with reality, or you could probably think of some other valid criticisms of the "liberal hypocrites" that won't let Fairweather boycott the Dixie Chicks, but name-calling, screaming, and torching things are not really "liberal" trademarks. They are the tools of the desparate, the uninformed, and the juvenile on all sides of any issue.

n98947 said:

Oh and by the way genius, it is the 1st amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Wrong wizard. Its the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

. . . and yeah it was a little personal for G.W..

An excellent reason to mobilize the military! Bravo!

Fuck the Dixie Chix!

Love to.

Fuck that director that won at the Oscar's

He's all yours.

moon.gif

"Are you one of those guys that thinks that you have the right to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater when there is not one?"

Oh, you mean like your president yelling about WMDs in Iraq when there aren't any? Or were you talking about something else?

"Do you not at least think that it is in bad taste to criticize the troops and the President in a war time situation?"

Of course it's in good taste to criticise the President in a war time situation. If you witness a murder taking place, do you wait until it's done to say something about it so as not to embarass the murderer? Fuck this sorry excuse for a president. Where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him, huh?

http://www.unprecedented.org

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

"Are you one of those guys that thinks that you have the right to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater when there is not one?"

Oh, you mean like your president yelling about WMDs in Iraq when there aren't any? Or were you talking about something else?

"Do you not at least think that it is in bad taste to criticize the troops and the President in a war time situation?"

Of course it's in good taste to criticise the President in a war time situation. If you witness a murder taking place, do you wait until it's done to say something about it so as not to embarass the murderer? Fuck this sorry excuse for a president. Where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him, huh?

http://www.unprecedented.org

Yep asshole, this one's gettin' emailed to the White House. You're going down commie fuka, one way or the other.

rbw1966 said:

You realize of course their going to read all of your pedophilia references, gun rants and bestiality fantasies as well.

hey dumb ass - I've NEVER made a pedophilia reference...ever. I've NEVER threatened to kill anybody or use a gun on anybody. Do a search; you'll see. I talk about guns, and 18 and older sex and politics and shit, but nothing that could get me in trouble with the fuzz. FDA on the other hand..... hell, his last post sounds like he's advocating, well, you can read it for yourself. I'm sure the secret service will be interested in it.

trask said:

hey dumb ass - I've NEVER made a pedophilia reference...ever. I've NEVER threatened to kill anybody or use a gun on anybody. Do a search; you'll see. I talk about guns, and 18 and older sex and politics and shit, but nothing that could get me in trouble with the fuzz. FDA on the other hand..... hell, his last post sounds like he's advocating, well, you can read it for yourself. I'm sure the secret service will be interested in it.

yellaf.gif