scot'teryx

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
I vote telepherique goes in to Cascade Pass somehwere heheh.

At one point last century, there were plans for some telepheriques around Ross Dam. The one that came very close to happening was up Ruby Mtn. And there were also some plans to put ones up Sourdough (I think) and Pyramid Peak. All good choices, I say. If it had happened, then that photo in green Beckey of that guy in city clothes standing on the Colonial Glacier, wouldn't be so weird.

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
I've spent the night up there many times. Shapely vixins from Lake Stevens area come up there to be fondled and have trask whisper sweet nothings in their ear.
[big Drink]

Sweet nothings like "uhhh uhh... I think imgonnapuke MMMMBLLLAAAAH!" barf.gif all over her teased girlie-mullet.

quote:

Originally posted by verticalturtle:
That's a Femullet Dru.
grin.gif" border="0

Deadlly critters...run if you can.

well damn ya learn something new every day.

"Hi [secretary who works in this office], your femullet is looking mighty fine today." That oughta get my expenses cheque here a few days faster!

Just got off the phone with the ranger at Verlot and asked when they planned to close the road at Heather Lake up to the Mt Pilchuck Lookout. He informed that they are never going to close it! After helping someone get unstuck on the road last night (which halted our plans for our ascent and overnight trip to the lookout) I thought they would for sure close it as the road is real bad, meaning you need chains and a high clearnace vehicle. I sure hope folks are using our tracks from Saturday to track down the direct route. Anyone want to go up to the lookout and smoke me out?

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

I don't think they ever close it, in the sense of gating it. I've been up there in late December, and March-April, and never seen a gate. But I doubt they plow it either, which makes sense since it's a dirt road most of the way up. I've had to park and walk the last mile or so in late winter.

Maybe they should install the telepherique at Red Bridge.

I don't think hardly a day goes by, any time of year, any kind of weather, weekdays, doesn't matter, there's at least 1 person stumbling around somewhere on Pilchuck. If you're into skiing there's a nice steep chute, couple hundred feet down the SE side. Saw 3 dudes ski it last spring, worked for plunge step/stand up glisade too.