Flagstone Dry?

texplorer

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been up uin the upper watershed and no snow that I no of, although there was some snow on the ridge tops the last few nights we had rain. Sphinx, obviously you've been climbing on the wrong side. Tried any of the .12 and .13 overhangs up there yet? Or redpointed the .13 with 4 consecutive mono moves yet over a layback? When you do, then you can talk some trash.

Tex, the one area that you may have trouble is a mile or so before the pull out that stays in the shade most of the day. It is lower in elevation, so with this wet and warm spring we've had, the area may have only been getting rain, but that would be your only access issue, I think. Some one told me of another alternative of accessing it from Dexter. May want to look into that, but I don't have the directions.

I'll ask around the Crux tonight and see if anyone has ventured up there. There is always Callahans in Roseburg and about the same drive time. Good luck!

I was at Flagstone this past Sunday. The last 0.2 miles of road (starting at the intersection with Rd 350) had snow on it and we walked it. If we had a car with high ground clearance we could driven thru it. Aside from that we had no problems on the drive up.

There was a bit of snow at the base of some of the climbs, but the worst part was that some of the routes had turned into waterfalls (snow melting at the top of the crag, I guess). Others were pretty wet. We had to look for routes that were dry. We ended up climbing Paradicey and Acne Problem. By the time we left Hydrotube was dry enough to climb, but it was starting to drizzle.

My guess is that if it stays warm all the snow will be gone by this coming weekend.

Happy climbing!

• 10 months later...

Everythings wet now!

Haven't been to flagstone, but Mckinly was dry durnig our sunny spell last weekend... patches of snow in the shade near there, but pretty much do-able... to bad the rain hit when it did... unempolyed and the rocks wet...sux...

WE are all smileysex5.gif!!!!!!

I've been up uin the upper watershed and no snow that I no of, although there was some snow on the ridge tops the last few nights we had rain. Sphinx, obviously you've been climbing on the wrong side. Tried any of the .12 and .13 overhangs up there yet? Or redpointed the .13 with 4 consecutive mono moves yet over a layback? When you do, then you can talk some trash.

Tex, the one area that you may have trouble is a mile or so before the pull out that stays in the shade most of the day. It is lower in elevation, so with this wet and warm spring we've had, the area may have only been getting rain, but that would be your only access issue, I think. Some one told me of another alternative of accessing it from Dexter. May want to look into that, but I don't have the directions.

I'll ask around the Crux tonight and see if anyone has ventured up there. There is always Callahans in Roseburg and about the same drive time. Good luck!

Dexter???? confused.gif

it still only gets you to the lower road, which is probable dry, then you have to go up to where the snow patches hold in the trees....

• 1 month later...