Coyotes

nolanr

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i climbed The Fox in Red Rocks once. what a pump. 10c off width. i used my sport technique of laybacking. technique of no technique.

the brit expatriates tried to do fox hunts of the coyotes in the fraser valley back in the 1930s. but the coyotes were too smart to get caught.

Heard and have seen coyotes around the Sisters (the mountains, not the women) in Oregon. Never seen a mountain lion or even the tracks. Have seen bear and once did a loop and had bear prints on top of mine within 15 minutes of my passing by. Never saw the guy, kinda spooky. This summer a friend did kneel down to tie his boot and looked up to see a bear charging him across the meadow. He stood up, yelled and the bear stopped about 5 yards away, looked at him a minute and then left. shocked.gif" border="0

Cougars and bears and foxes, oh my! Saw the ass end of a cougar disappearing into brush roadside on the Mt. Loop Highway east of Granite Falls. Unwary car campers by the hundreds nearby. Also saw tracks I'm pretty sure were cougar amidst a gazillion elk tracks in the Goat Lake basin, Norse Peak Wilderness Area (you have to qualify that statement, I know of at least 3 Goat Lakes in WA). If you're in the Paradise Inn parking lot around dusk, keep your eyes peeled 'cause I've seen a little fox cruising around that area a couple times.

About that increase in coyote population. Part of it, too, is that most of the top of the food chain kind of predators (grizz, wolf, cougar) have been pushed to near extinction throughout most of the Western U.S. The coyote was too wiley and adaptable to get rid off, and they happily stepped into the void to become the top predator in many areas. Damn humans need to quit interfering and let nature take care of itself.

Coyote the trickster plays tricks on old man wolf. Hey Wolf you want to be tough and strong so you can eat white man's cow? Oh sure Coyote (thinks hee hee i will eat coyote too!). But stupid white man not so stupid, he kills wolf! Now just coyote left. no wolf to stop him. he goes everywhere. good trick huh, you like?

Coyote da damn tricksta' plays tricks on old dude wolf. What it is, fer shure, Mama! Oh, wow! Hey Wolf ya' wanna be tough and strong so's ya' kin feed da bud honky man's cow? Oh sho' nuff Coyote (dinks hee hee ah' gots'ta eat coyote too. Right On! Oh, wow! ). Man, stdownid honky dude not so's stdownid, mostly, he kills wolf. Right On! Oh, wow! Now plum coyote left. no wolf t'stop that dude. 'S coo', mostly, bro. he audi-fivees everywhere. What it is, fer shure, Mama! Oh, wow! baaaad trick huh, mostly, ya' likes?

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Dru ]

Dru, you been playin around with that dialect translator haven't you. I used that thing for a presentation at school on the role of student dialect in classrooms, I thought it was damn funny, but I got PC bashed pretty bad for Buckwheat and Jive! There were a few fat chicks from the valley that didn't like the cow dialect either! wink.gif" border="0

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: jordo ]

Dru, stati playin intorno con quel traduttore di dialetto non li avete. Ho usato quella cosa per una presentazione alla scuola sul ruolo del dialetto dell' allievo in aule, ho pensato che fosse divertente maledetto, ma ho ottenuto il Male grazioso colpito PC per grano saraceno e Jive! Ci erano alcuni pulcini grassi dalla valle che non ha gradito il dialetto della mucca neanche!