Best Onsight - Technical Rock

EWolfe

Alex said:

Necronomicon said:

Cat Crack. Just walked up to the thing and FIRED it.

shit, I took a leaderfall on cat crack first time I tried it. no joke! blew the onsight!!!

My friend took a whipper on that once! Pulled two pieces on the fall and stopped with his ass head level. Cleaning that chock out was hell the_finger.gif.

I'd say linking up the Smoke Bluff Connection stands out...first time led that many pitches in a row. The pitch above Mosquito scared me at first, I kept looking down at the ground hellno3d.gif!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TimL said:

I'd have to say Stems and Seeds at Vantage or Rutabega at Squamish.

Please refrain from mentioning vantage and Squamish in the same sentance. Unless your point is to draw a distinct contrast between the two.

Nevertheless, Rutabega is an awesome climb and a proud on-site. And for Vantage, stems and seeds is a decent crack.

My best :

Crux pitch of Moratorium - Partner who was supposed to lead it decided he didn't feel up to it and so I took the sharp end and blasted.

Also the last pitch of Prussik's South Face was pretty memorable- fun climbing, great setting, good friends.

Almost ran out of pro but remembered my #5 Snafflehound and was able to power up in safety.