Speeding Ticket

allthumbs

Szyjakowski said:

MysticNacho said:

AT LEAST SEVEN COPS BETWEEN HERE AND LEAVENWORTH AND BACK AGAIN this weekend. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

don't be mad its APPLE BLOSSOM FESTIVAL IN Wenatchee Valley till the 5th so everyone look out on HIGHway 2, 97 and anyother route that goes that way!

rolleyes.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

Szyjakowski said:

MysticNacho said:

AT LEAST SEVEN COPS BETWEEN HERE AND LEAVENWORTH AND BACK AGAIN this weekend. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

don't be mad its APPLE BLOSSOM FESTIVAL IN Wenatchee Valley till the 5th so everyone look out on HIGHway 2, 97 and anyother route that goes that way!

rolleyes.gif

madgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gifpork madgo_ron.gifrolleyes.gif

Boss is sik today! bigdrink.gif

For the most part, along highway 2 you'll find the speed cops watching the open road during the day, and this happens to be the same time that those RV folks are tooling along at 45 mph, too. Drive over or return at night, and you'll most likely see them only in Sultan.

mattp said:

For the most part, along highway 2 you'll find the speed cops watching the open road during the day, and this happens to be the same time that those RV folks are tooling along at 45 mph, too. Drive over or return at night, and you'll most likely see them only in Sultan.

Bullsheit...they hang all around Highway two at night Leavenworth to Monroe! the_finger.gifporc

Dont know about you, but I personally think that driving 113 mph anywhere on the hwy 2 is dangerous and completely reckless. That hwy is dangerous even without people driving 113 mph. Dont get me wrong I am not one to always go the speed limit, but there is a point at which your speed endangers everyone around you. Keep in mind the most dangerous part of climbing is getting the trail head.

Alasdair said:

Dont know about you, but I personally think that driving 113 mph anywhere on the hwy 2 is dangerous and completely reckless. That hwy is dangerous even without people driving 113 mph. Dont get me wrong I am not one to always go the speed limit, but there is a point at which your speed endangers everyone around you. Keep in mind the most dangerous part of climbing is getting the trail head.

I think getting home is more dangerous... not only are you tired from the climb, but you also prolly have a few bigdrink.gif in you

mattp said:

That's the thing- we came over saturday night, left seattle around 7:30, arrive around 10. I've never seen that many cops on highway 2 before..... mad.gif

They would be a lot more intimidating if they weren't always busy pulling someone else over.

Friday night, I drove over to Mazama, via Darrington, and did not see a single cop after Everett (apparently they were maintaining a heavy presence in Concrete, though). Sunday night I drove back from Leavenworth, leaving the Bavarian village at 7:00 pm, and did not see a cop until Bothell. I guess I AM lucky.

aint_this_great said:

last year in oregon I met a couple guys from colorado in a 1963 black mustang at a gas station, who mentioned that they always drove as fast as they felt like through oregon, then slowed down in washington because the state patrol were much worse there. I had been keeping up with them for a couple hundred miles at about 30 above the speed limit. so of course I left the gas station first, and while going maybe 15 over, waiting for them to catch up, I got pulled over. 175 bucks, and who's gonna drive seven hours back to bakersfield for a damn court date? never gotten pulled over on highways in washington, so I think they had it backwards. just in island county for going one mile over the 25 limit, and he asked me what my hurry was (worse than concrete!).

That reminds me of the time I raced with 3 brand new Kenworth rigs pulling trailers (I was in an unloaded pickup) from Montana to Washington via I-90 through Ideeho. Once we hit the Washington state line, it was like - race over for the truckers.

I did learn those rigs can do well over 100 mph with a big ass trailer! Crazy bastards! madgo_ron.gif