Human Growth Hormone beta?

Bug

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob said:

Yes, it was designed for people with HGH deficiency. Are you HGH deficient?

If old age is a symtom, I am HGH deficient. Are there any clear symptoms or conditions that you know of? My Dr didn't know anything about it. My main concern is the pain in my hips that seems to be arthritis. Glucosamine helps a lot. Some of the HGH marketing says cartlidge growth is one of the things HGH helps with.

Here's a summary paragraph I pulled from a review paper on anabolic agents. Tape is aid but HGH isn't as it's never been shown to enhance athletic performance. In supraphysiologic doses, it's all the bad effects with no benefits. Apparently you would have to be brighter than 5% of high school aged males to believe this though. By the way, Creutzfeld-Jacobs disease is the long name for Mad-Cow Disease.

Human growth hormone (hGH) has been used, especially by power and speed athletes, in attempts to increase lean muscle mass and strength, often in combination with anabolic steroids [4] [6] . Ergogenic (performance enhancing) effects have not been proven, however, even when using supraphysiologic doses [67] . It is difficult to detect with currently used laboratory tests, and the user runs the risks of having an impure product obtained illegally. Recombinant DNA technology has provided r-hGH to those able to pay the high cost of this agent (more than $3000 per month) [26] . A recent survey of more than 200 high school male athletes noted 5% prevalence of hGH [67] . The question of hGH purity as a natural product was previously raised with the development of Creutzfeld-Jacobs disease. Side effects of hGH supplementation may include jaw enlargement, gigantism, hypertension, hyperglycemia, fluid retention, carpal tunnel syndrome, slipped capital femoral epiphysis, and pseudotumor cerebri [6] . Though a number of amino acids (arginine, ornithine, lysine, and tryptophan) are used to induce release of hGH, the doses that are usually used do not significantly raise human growth hormone in the body. thumbs_down.gif

more detail on the Creutzfeld-Jakob background...

"...Somatropin (hgh) human growth hormone up until the mid 1980's came from the pituitary glands of cadavers obtained mostly from Africa. In the mid 1980's cadaver somatropin (hgh) human growth hormone was pulled off the market after it was found to cause a rare disease called Creutzfeld-Jacob disease in the patients, mostly children, who were administering it...."

Now it's synthetic. But it's still a prescrip drug that was developed to cure a deficiency, not to be used as a kind of a sports version of plastic surgery.

What's wrong with using the great knowledge advances that we have to use diet and exercise to our best advantage? Why would you risk the one and only body you have playing around with medications for sport? Damn I don't understand it.

(my opinion, of course smile.gif)

Mad Cow Disease is New Variant CJD which is slightly different. But neither one of them is something you want to end up with, effects your balance so climbing will be harder confused.gif. The other side-effects don't seem so great either.

Here's the CDC's Q&A on BSE and CJD:

Questions and Answers Regarding Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) and Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD)

RobBob said:

What's wrong with using the great knowledge advances that we have to use diet and exercise to our best advantage? Why would you risk the one and only body you have playing around with medications for sport? Damn I don't understand it.

Good call. I only get one body, so I'm trying to not screw it up. I figure the best way to improve my climbing is to get out and climb. If it's hard for you to get up a mountain, get out more and get into better shape rather than trying to take pills to do the work for you.

I had a friend who used to take HGH every few years. The problems are first it is very expensive:1500-3000 dollars for a 6 week treatment. Secondly if you don't follow the directions exactly, or your body doesn't respond well, you are guarenteed organ damage. Thirdly don't cheat. Get some bomb ass ganja, a good lady friend to rub you down, and a hot tub. This way you will be saving money, and progressign at the same time. bigdrink.gif

I have heard that taking too much HGH can cause acromegaly. Or the body may detect high HGH levels and stop making it thus making you dependent on artificial supply. As for the cadaver source isnt that a form of cannibalism ???? EWWWWW. shocked.gif

From what I've read,

HGH may be fine until you stop taking it.... Your body will no longer produce hormone naturally, so unless you want to stay on the stuff for the rest of your life you are screwed. When you stop taking it you will actually quickly produce much less hormone than everyone else.

I'm sure somebody that posts will have more info.

bigdrink.gif