freeclimb9

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

allison said:

Hi,

Am getting way tired of censored American news in the invasion. Would like to find source with more information and less pro-American Invasion bias.

Anyone find anything on the Web, a foreign paper maybe, with these qualities?

FOX uncensored

allison said:

Hi,

Am getting way tired of censored American news in the invasion. Would like to find source with more information and less pro-American Invasion bias.

Um, yes. Why don't you read some French newspapers? I'm sure they are totally unbiased. Or you could check out the Germans, I'm sure they'll tell you exactly what's happened, UNCENSORED. Give us a break, you really think you'll find something? If you do, let us know. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif\

Or wait, just surf cc.com! You'll find all you need to know. rolleyes.gif

allison said:

Hi,

arabnews.com

but i think you need a burka to read it unless you pee standing up

erik said:

but wouldnt you say that the us is doing a better job then previous mass bombing campaigns to minimize collateral damage??

I guess what is difficult to figure out is that they are using those 2000lb JDAM bombs which supposedly kill everyone in a 120m radius, injure anyone within 365m with shrapnel, and to be guaranteed of safety, you have to be 1km away, and they keep releasing that these bombs are being used in Baghdad, while at the same time are trying to reduce "colatteral damage". And that's if the bomb lands w/ zero targeting error.

They do seem to be going out of their way to avoid civilian casualties though.

Sphinx said:

allison said:

Hi,

Um, yes. Why don't you read some French newspapers? I'm sure they are totally unbiased. Or you could check out the Germans, I'm sure they'll tell you exactly what's happened, UNCENSORED. Give us a break, you really think you'll find something? If you do, let us know. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif\

Or wait, just surf cc.com! You'll find all you need to know. rolleyes.gif

i read lemonde most days in addition to a diet of several US papers. Le Monde is no more unbiased than the US papers but it does provide an insight into the thinking of another part of the world. I don't read it expecting neutrality, i expect a different perspective.

I would suggest the good ole BBC which has earned the nickname Baghdad Broadcasting Corp.! Of coure the NYT is also a nice source for you Allison. Last week I posted references where they misrepresented what Gen Wallace said; what I didn't post was how on a frontpage story they claimed Cheney said the war will be a "cakewalk" only to correct it later because it was in fact complete BS. Allison how often you look in the correction section when you read the paper?

By the Way Trask is right about LD!

Let's go climbing!

PP

bigdrink.gif

I can tell just from the headlines that Buzzflash is not what I am looking for either.

I understand that all reporting enjoys some sort of bias. At this moment the major US media has slanted itself, by and large, so far in favor of the war, that there seems to be nothing left of the actual news.

Not being blindly in support of the invasion does not an infidel make.

So, seriously, anyone found a decent news source? I read a couple of copies of the China Post yesterday, and while it is not exactly front page news there, at least the invasion was reported on for what it was and not a war with Iraq. There was a lot being reported in that paper that is not in the US papers.

I do not have cable and am limited to the Internet.

erik said:

vegetablebelay said:

Al Jazeera seems to be as anti American as most of you on this board. Check it out. the_finger.gif

HEY VEGGIE THAT IS A CHICKENSHIT COMMENT....

WHEN YOU SHIPPING OUT ANYWAYS???

Fish on! But Erik, you're so small I'll have to throw you back. yellowsleep.gif

the_finger.gif

the headlines on buzzflash are commentaries from whoever puts the site together (I don't agree with many of them either) but the stories themselves are from many different media sources.

otherwise, in addition to those already mentioned by others:

http://www.independent.co.uk/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian/

http://www.aljazeerah.us/

http://www.reuters.com/news.jhtml