Pub Club 4/8

fleblebleb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wayne1112 said:

I am hearing more and more of bodies not being able to handle micro-brews.

About 1 year ago they started giving me headaches and bad hangovers( after only a couple). I wonder whats in it that causes that, cause I can still drink alot of anything except for mirco-bruise

Microbrews generally have a higher alcohol content and are darker. I'm not sure what it is but there is something in them saps your electrolytes, which is generally why you get headache and hangover. If you drink Pedialyte or a couple Gatorades before you go to bed you won't have much of a hangover.

Dru said:

...and JayB can tear up that phone number, wrong JB yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif if anyone there was "in the know' they musta had trouble keeping a straight face yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

this is the funniest thing I have read on website since Scot'thered Friends got kicked off the ledge by Yoder fruit.gif

Made even funnier by the fact that when we were talking I said that I've gone out climbing with GregW a few times and that he's a really good guy. Kinda hard to imagine those words coming out of j_b's mouth. yelrotflmao.gif

Thankfully I don't need any digits at the moment, but if I did I suspect that posing as the other guy wouldn't get me much more than a lot of unwanted attention from mousy, furtive looking guys with whispy moustaches and berets looking for folks to attend their lively Marxist knitting collective... fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

No, people say nice things about GregW all the time. It may come as a surprise, but I have a close friend who is almost as conservative as Greg. People who have different beliefs can have perfectly civil conversations, especially about things other than politics. rolleyes.gif

No worries, Jay, I'm not exactly givin' out the digits these days myself. Don't believe the hype, it simply is not true. tongue.gif

allison said:

No, people say nice things about GregW all the time. It may come as a surprise, but I have a close friend who is almost as conservative as Greg. People who have different beliefs can have perfectly civil conversations, especially about things other than politics. rolleyes.gif

Yeah - all true of course. It's just that of the two guys that post here with names that sound like J...B.... when spoken aloud, its a bit less likely that j_b would be part of the GregW fan club and an occaisional climbing partner. Not impossible, but certainly not as probable

No worries, Jay, I'm not exactly givin' out the digits these days myself. Don't believe the hype, it simply is not true. tongue.gif

I believe you - but how do I know the person that I met last night was really allison and not alicesin or allisten or al_is_zen or some other sound alike.... grin.gif

JayB said:

allison said:

Yeah - all true of course. It's just that of the two guys that post here with names that sound like J...B.... when spoken aloud, its a bit less likely that j_b would be part of the GregW fan club and an occaisional climbing partner. Not impossible, but certainly not as probable

I believe you - but how do I know the person that I met last night was really allison and not alicesin or allisten or al_is_zen or some other sound alike.... grin.gif

maybe it was AMBER you met yellaf.gif

A beer related story. My former company was interested in using supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) to produce an herb extract for a mouthwash. There was a company in Yakima that specilized in using SFE to extract the active principle from hops for use in beer brewing. As you know hops is bitter. Now imagine, if you will, if you could concentrate a bushel of hops into a thimbleful of a yellowish waxy material. My friend Ward got the bright idea to taste some of this by placing some on his tongue. Bad move. He said it was the bitterest thing he had ever experienced and the taste lasted for several hours.