leejams

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dru said:

Climb Tomyhoi from Tamihi Creek road. Drive to base of north face (2wd). Climb nice snow gully to summit. Sort of like N face of Shuksan without the White Salmon approach. Easy day trip.

Actually I have done Tomyhoi from the Yellow Aster Butte trail, probably the same way as Catbirdseat. I remember the climbers path going up quite a ways thereby avoiding quite a lot of brush. Did it in September too. The meadows around Yellow Aster Butte were fantastic--in addition there are several small lakes which you can skinny dip in after your outing to the west of Yellow Aster Butte! I went into one and it was fantastic!

Stefan said:

Dru said:

Climb Tomyhoi from Tamihi Creek road. Drive to base of north face (2wd). Climb nice snow gully to summit. Sort of like N face of Shuksan without the White Salmon approach. Easy day trip.

Actually I have done Tomyhoi from the Yellow Aster Butte trail, probably the same way as Catbirdseat. I remember the climbers path going up quite a ways thereby avoiding quite a lot of brush. Did it in September too. The meadows around Yellow Aster Butte were fantastic--in addition there are several small lakes which you can skinny dip in after your outing to the west of Yellow Aster Butte! I went into one and it was fantastic!

Yes and if I was looking for a long hike with some scrambling, instead of a real climb , I would go via Yellow Butte Disaster too...

Washington, trail yes[ sort of in winter], weather station yes[ kind of an eye sore at the summit] Not Scenic? C'mon , don't be so provincial. Older land scape, it's just very different.Anyway, that is why we like to visit the west, the beauty is obvious to anybody. It jumps right out at you. There is alot of beauty here, just can't have yer nose stuck in the air to see it. smile.gif

Not realy hear to debate the meritts of the east, just throwing in what I know. Really here t learn more about the Cascade region from some locals, and not a guide book. grin.gif cheers bigdrink.gif

Edited by randygoat

JoshK said:

Who cares how shitty the weather on mount washington is, there is a trail to the top, a weather station and the east isn't very scenic. Thanks, i'll take the pleasent weathered cascades hahaha.gif any time!

Josh, Mt Washington in Sept/Oct with white cap and brilliant colors of fall leaves is one of the best sites I've seen on east coast. Try drugs for more enhancement.

Dru said:

Yes and if I was looking for a long hike with some scrambling, instead of a real climb , I would go via Yellow Butte Disaster too...

What is a real climb ? In some people's opinion real climbinging is 5.13 and above......can you do 5.13?

Stefan said:

Dru said:

What is a real climb ? In some people's opinion real climbinging is 5.13 and above......can you do 5.13?

only when I drop acid and free solo

mushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gif

How does that hook taste Stefan a ha ha I finally trolled someone snaf.gif

JoshK said:

Who cares how shitty the weather on mount washington is, there is a trail to the top, a weather station and the east isn't very scenic. Thanks, i'll take the pleasent weathered cascades hahaha.gif any time!

No chimp has ever summited any of the White Mountain Peaks. Can you say the same for the Cascade Peaks?

P.S. Please don't say it is because the chimp had discerning taste.

Dru said:

Man, if this was any more of a troll, it would be living under a bridge!

The "what is a real climb" topic is a dead horse, so please stop beating it.

dryad said:

Dru said:

Man, if this was any more of a troll, it would be living under a bridge!

troll.JPGlaugh.gif