Slideshow-Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding Classics with Gary Brill, Nov. 30

The_North_Face

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO the only good thing the Noth Face ever made or I used (but didn't own)was the VE-25. Everything else is frat or sorority gear. As for Gary, I ran into him on Sloan about five years ago. Hell of a guy on that trip. Then I ran into him at the gym a couple of weeks later and he wouldn't give me the time of day. What can I say?

I don't know, I think that it was cool of the North Face guys to let us know whats up and when they have events that we might be interested in. I've stopped by there several times looking for long Ice screws and they are always out, someday I'll probably get them somewhere else anyway, but it's convenient for me when I can't go to FF, REI or Jim's shop. I even stopped by and invited them to the climbing fest, they were cool, and had to work the weekend, but I'm sure they climb on the weekdays when I have to work. I'm sure it is less crowded and I for one am jealous.

Thanks for the update North Face guy's I for one appreciate them.

As for TNF Avalanche, I'm sure everyone thinks thats a joke.

just my opinion,

sean [big Drink][Wazzup]

I'm with hikerwa on this one. Whatever one may think of what's become of TNF, I'm glad that someone there took the time to let us know about what sounds like a cool slideshow - it's not their fault that their company got bought out by the same folks that brought us...err.. Lee Jeans.

Hopefully the collective response on this site won't discourage them, or anyone else from doing so in the future. Either that or at least hope that they have a thick skin and a healhty sense of humore. Besides - have you seen the folks that hit the Slopes in their tight-assed Lee Jeans/Acid-Washed Levis Fleece-Lined Jacket/Blaze-Orange Camo Baclava combo? Spanaway Ski Club? That's hard core baby...How about a slide-show about them and their dogged determination to endur whatever the Cascades throw out them with only a thin layer o' denim to get them by. Make the rest of us look like a bunch a sissies

The Fox Hole army surplus store in Tacoma has NEW 3-ply "Gore Tex" (the real stuff) parkas and pants for $149 and $99. They are seam sealed, pit zips, side zip (partial) pants, butt re-enforced pants, nice quality stuff. Only one choice of color: cammo!

I'm tired of trashing the butt in the $200 wind pants I buy when I glissade, so I'm going to give the pants a try!

Bronco - yup. Sporting the Oakley Razor Blade shades, a "No Fear" T-Shirt peeking out from beneath the flannel, and complemented by a righteous Billy Ray Cyruseque feather mullet to complete the ensemble. Maybe even some gaiters over the Lee Jean/white, rear entry, one-buckle ski boot interface zone for extra credit. Word.