Racist Double-Standard?

sexual_chocolate

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be totally wrong here but maybe there aren't any people of russian heritage on the site. Also obviously there probably are people who are racist against russians, but it's never been in the public spotlight like it has for other people. I'm white but do take offense to all racist stuff, but hadn't about milosh, and I think it's an excellent point you bring up! ooo.gifwave.gif

edit:yeah yeah, fukcing spelling like erik

Edited by Distel32

sexual_chocolate said:

There was quite an outcry about Harry Pi being an insensitive racist caricature, yet I haven't heard any outcry over the antics of Milosh what's-his-name.

What gives? Curious as to your thoughts on this.

Ah, yes, the agony of all the local sprayers over insensitive caricatures is almost too much to bear.

Lay off of everybody's favorite hardest climbing Russian avatar! You're just jealous your Pi avatar isn't nearly as entertaining yellaf.gif

i am not one to complain but I nonethless find a phrase in this post by Fejas to be more "racist" than anything concerning Harry Pi or Milyoshka:

furr trader

carpet muncher

bull dike

shlong dongin' it

trollin' for anius

lopein' the mule

chokin' the chicken

dickin' the dog

screwin' the pooch

jewin' the salesman

I'm in the import, export buisness

cleanin' the pipes

if I wanted any lip out of you I would have jiggled my zipper

if I wanted to get yeld at I would have stayed at home

whos got the lighter?

No, no, no... No really I insist, fuck you!

maybe your angst is better directed elsewhere like where there is something actual to get upset about legitimately? confused.gif

sexual_chocolate said:

There was quite an outcry about Harry Pi being an insensitive racist caricature, yet I haven't heard any outcry over the antics of Milosh what's-his-name.

What gives? Curious as to your thoughts on this.

Harry Pi is yellow, Milosh is white. That's my thought. The majority of people prefer to be around, or associate with, those of similar color and background. That's the way it is.

Dru, you seem a bit sensivitive about my rather innocuous question about the differences; your Canadian upbringing giving you some guilt w/r/t your avatar?

Greg, I never even thought of it in the terms you presented, and I'm honestly having a hard time understanding exactly what you mean.

My thinking is more along the lines that Chinese people have suffered much more from racism than have Russians. I think most of the ones offended by the Harry Pi caricature are simply sensitive to this fact, something that seems so incomprehensible to those who find humor in the characteristics that have been used to portray the Chinese in a negative light. I don't think Russians have ever been subjected to this.

Hello capitalist!

I hold no racist or bigotted views toward ethnicity, gender or sexual preference.

As a matter of fact, some of my best friends are black, gay, lesbian, jew, indian, mentally or physically handicapped, asian, russian, arab, white.

Thank you for allowing me to post.