Martyrdom?

RobBob

Since the stuff may start flying this evening, I would like to make a prediction on how Saddam will comport himself.

First, he will fight back (or lob first). The guy has a strong will to survive. He will use whatever he still has in his arsenal which will only serve as 'shock value' in terms of its overall effect.

Only when it is apparent to him that he will be killed or captured, he will take Hitler's route and do himself in, having an assistant burn his remains. In other words, he will max the odds of what he believes might be the 'glory of martyrdom.'

I might be wrong, the US may have a bead on him and be able to kill him at the outset. God I hope we don't capture him and have to go through a trial.

We will see. It won't be long now.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when it's over he's going to Disneyland! fruit.gif

Sunday March 9, 9:14 PM

Saddam's diamond-buying spree suggests he may flee: Report

London, Mar 9 (ANI): Saddam Hussein's personal jeweller has been in Thailand on a secret mission to buy millions of dollars' worth of diamonds, according to a report in The Sunday Times. The trip has prompted speculation that the Iraqi leader may be planning to flee or to send his family into hiding.

Quoting "sources with knowledge of the trip", the report says the jeweller travelled to Bangkok via Jordan and bought the diamonds in the Thai capital in a pre-arranged deal. This was his second trip, Saddam's son Uday having sent him there three months ago to buy a ring from an American dealer for 750,000 dollars, the report adds.

Saddam has been a perennial member of Forbes magazine's list of the world's richest people. Before the 1991 Gulf War he was said to be worth 10 billion dollars, but that estimate has now been reduced to 2 billion dollars, following sanctions imposed by the United Nations on Iraq.

Since the Gulf War he has not left the country, and only a week ago he declared in a defiant address that he would never desert in the event of war. But if, as reported, he is converting some of his fortune into jewels that can be transported easily, he may not mean what he says. (ANI)

http://in.news.yahoo.com/030309/139/22017.html

• 3 weeks later...

the US may have a bead on him and be able to kill him at the outset.

It's looking more and more like this has happened. I think he's dead or, as somebody said, "sharing a dialysis machine with Osama."

Unfortunately, I still expect that his body has been or will be "disappeared" by his henchmen, and there will be a martyrdom effect within the Arab world, along with Saddam sightings for years to come.