Why the ratings?

goatboy

I liked the ratings, they are a new fun way to avoid work. The only benifit I can think of, however, is that they may reduce some of the obnoxiuos spray. If the sprayer is interested in keeping their rating. Then again, I assume that it might become the goal of some to earn a low rating.

If it does not detract from the real topic spray can be very entertaining.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another website (summitpost.com) you can get a rating from the # of mtn posts you put up, and how many summits you enter. Maybe we could have several different ratings. One for spray, climbing knowledge, humor, and other skills like moondancing for instance. It would be fun to rate each other on a yosemite decimal mock system. So for instance Cavey might have a 5.13 rating for humor but only a 5.2 in moondancing.

PS these damn graemlins are starting to annoy me.

Jon: I think they're funny. But that will probably wear off in about...three seconds, then they'll just be a distraction in an already cluttered screen.

My vote: No ratings.

(FYI: Even though I don't like the new format, I still think you (plural?) folks rock for setting up this board. It's so much fun and even sometimes has useful info!