Message Board Upgrade Problems

jon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jon - I'm not a techie by any means so my question may be more of a browser issue than the upgrade you did last night.

I used to use my "back" button to go back to the forums pages and now when I do that it pulls one up from several hours ago instead of the most updated one. Any ideas?

I do like the new links to individual pages in posts. I was thinking how useful that would be just yesterday...

You are viewing a cached page. Hit refresh. Then go and update Tools ==> internet options ==> General Tab ==> then setting button ==> Check for newer versions of the page: Every visit to the page. Click all the oks.

If you have netscape then format and fdisk the momma tongue.gif" border="0

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pencil Pusher:
I found some of my PM's accessible, others were inaccessible. Very funny. I think these graemlins are a pain in the ass. The rating thing is bogus too. I admire your efforts into this website, but my opinion is I prefer the old.

Well... we all know what opinions are like. Keep up the good work Jon. Still got a few bugs though.... [Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by Pencil Pusher:
I found some of my PM's accessible, others were inaccessible. Very funny. I think these graemlins are a pain in the ass. The rating thing is bogus too. I admire your efforts into this website, but my opinion is I prefer the old.

Very funny huh? You must be one of those people who just complain (aka bitch) but fail to offer a solution.

I've turned the rating feature off for the time being, it's becoming a distraction and I failed to provide any reason for using it and what criteria should be used. I'd be interested to hear in the other thread if people are interested in having this feature and what the pros and cons may be.

As for the old PM's, there is a problem with accessing them and I haven't had time to figure out why. If you want the actual file I'd be more than happy to send it to you just send me a private message, though it is a little garbled with code but readable. I did offer this warning though http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=000002&p=

Party on! [big Drink]

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: jon ]