DPS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

when are they gonna make Red Bull flavor Clifbar

I got one of the lemon zest granules from a luna stuck in my nose once and sneezed for 20 minutes cantfocus.gif

finnished your sack finally? with that attempt at alterted state of reality, you are an addict!

mushsmile.gif

Aren't you concerned for the morale of your French press? It looks lonely there in the back of the cabinet behind the Sleepy Time and the honey bear!

I was quitting so I wouldn't have to carry an extra thing on long trips-- when all it does is dehydrate me. Going without was giving me a savage headache and I was less than charming to be around (ahem). So I'm trying to get clean. Oh, yeah and it's bad for the planet too, chopping down the rainforest so I can have a morning buzz--it ain't right.

DFA FYI Chi Tea has more Caffeine per cup than does coffe. Most black tea has more cafiene for that matter tongue.gif just stick to the decaf tea and herbal infusions if you are looking to quit... Hot choclate has cafeine too. yo don't need to Quit COFEE that is not what has you by the short hairs...

I gave up Cafeine eons ago and gave up smoking more than a month ago bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif I RULE wink.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

you can get shade grown fair trade coffee at IGA for like $7.50 a pound

no need to feel guilty cause they dont cut down the rainforest for that!

buying expensive stuff is a good way to limit your consumption of it. coffee, beer anything it works for me! bigdrink.gif

iain said:

I have trouble believing a cup of earl grey has more caffeine than a cup of coffee muffy

I do believe it does. I am no expert... but I KNOW chi does... ask arround. I had to quit cafiene totaly for medical reasons, and was told that tea is worse than coffee

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

iain said:

I have trouble believing a cup of earl grey has more caffeine than a cup of coffee muffy

muffy's right! black tea has more caffeine than the avg cup of coffee. now espresso drinks that's a whole different issue.

I do believe it does. I am no expert... but I KNOW chi does... ask arround. I had to quit cafiene totaly for medical reasons, and was told that tea is worse than coffee

http://www.holymtn.com/tea/caffeine_content.htm

there's some info.

Coffee

Drip, regular106-164 mg./ 5 oz.

Percolated, regular93-134 mg./ 5 oz.

Instant, regular47-68 mg./ 5 oz.

Decaffeinated2-5 mg./ 5 oz.

Loose-leaf Tea (imported tea)

Black25-110 mg.

Oolong12-55 mg.

Green8-36 mg.

Tea (black tea assumed)

Brewed, major U.S. brands20-80 mg.

1 minute brew21-33/mg./ 5 oz.

3 minute brew35-46 mg./ 5 oz.

5 minute brew39-50 mg./ 5 oz.

Canned iced tea22-36 mg./ 5 oz.

Iced tea67-76 mg./ 12 oz.

Instant tea22-36 mg./ 5 oz.

Cocoa and Chocolate

Cocoa Beverage (mix)2-8 mg./ 6 oz.

Milk Chocolate6 mg./ 1 oz.

Baking Chocolate35 mg./ 1 oz.

Sweet Chocolate20 mg./ 1 oz.

Ovaltine0 mg.

Postum0 mg.

Sodas

Mr. Pibb, Diet57 mg./ 12 oz.

Mountain Dew54 mg./ 12 oz.

Coca Cola, Diet Coke46 mg./ 12 oz.

Tab45 mg./ 12 oz.

Shasta Cola44 mg./ 12 oz.

Mr. Pibb41 mg./ 12 oz.

Dr. Pepper40 mg./ 12 oz.

Pepsi Cola38 mg./ 12 oz.

Pepsi Light, Diet36 mg./ 12 oz.

Diet Right Cola36 mg./ 12 oz.

Royal Crown Cola36 mg./ 12 oz.

Craigmont Cola0 mg.

7-Up0 mg.

Sprite0 mg.

Fanta0 mg.

Fresca0 mg.

Root Beer0 mg.

Club Soda0 mg.

Ginger Ale0 mg.

Tonic Water0 mg.

Orange Soda0 mg.

Grape Soda0 mg.

Non-prescription Drugs

Caffedrine Capsules200 mg.

NoDoz Tablets200 mg.

Vivarin Tablets200 mg.

Pain Relievers

Anacin Analgesic64 mg.

Cope32 mg./ tablet

Bufferin0 mg.

Excedrin130 mg.

Midol64 mg.

Plain Aspirin0 mg.

Tylenol0 mg.

Vanquish66 mg.

Diuretics (standard dose)

Aqua Ban200 mg.

Fluidex0 mg.

Permathene Water Off200 mg.

Pre-Mens Forte100 mg.

Cold Remedies

Actifed0 mg.

Contac0 mg./ tablet

Comtrex0 mg.

Coryban-D30 mg.

Dristan30 mg.

Neo-Synephrine15 mg.

Sudafed0 mg.

Triaminicin30 mg.

Prescription Drugs

Dristan30 mg.

Neo-Synephrine15 mg.

Sudafed0 mg.

Triaminicin30 mg.

from memory:

caffeine in

cup of coffee 30 mg

tea 10-35 mg

cola 25 mg

hot choco 10mg

decaf coffee ~5 mg

There's a chart on the side of one of the Celestial Seasonings green tea boxes yellaf.gif

Tea, does not NECESSARILY have more caffeine than coffee. It depends on how long you let the teabag steep! If you only let it steep long enough, to give the brew a bit of color, then its at the low end, and significantly less than a cup of coffee. If you brew it strong enough you can't see the bottom of your teacup, then it'll be at the high end, perhaps even more than an equivalent amount of coffee.

OOPS minx beat me to it and her table is probably more accurate!!!! yellaf.gif

Edited by Dru

Dru said:

from memory:

caffeine in

cup of coffee 30 mg

tea 10-35 mg

cola 25 mg

hot choco 10mg

decaf coffee ~5 mg

There's a chart on the side of one of the Celestial Seasonings green tea boxes yellaf.gif

Tea, does not NECESSARILY have more caffeine than coffee. It depends on how long you let the teabag steep! If you only let it steep long enough, to give the brew a bit of color, then its at the low end, and significantly less than a cup of coffee. If you brew it strong enough you can't see the bottom of your teacup, then it'll be at the high end, perhaps even more than an equivalent amount of coffee.

Dru- you're absolutely correct on the steeping. and it also matters the type of tea. herbal not a caffeine problem

minx said:

Dru said:

from memory:

caffeine in

cup of coffee 30 mg

tea 10-35 mg

cola 25 mg

hot choco 10mg

decaf coffee ~5 mg

Dru- you're absolutely correct on the steeping. and it also matters the type of tea. herbal not a caffeine problem

If you're ever in Nelson, go to the co-op and pick up some Mocha Mint tea, stuff rocks. First time I had it was ina arainy tent in Skaha and I put like 10x too much leaves per water in and I remember watching the roof of the tent and half my eyesight disappeared. Visual migrain, very cool cantfocus.gif. Also happened with Tazo Zen tea driving back form Squamish at 3 am. Couldn't see the other lane. not so cool. hahaha.gif

Oh, and Mate Late rules!!! Yerba Mate too.