Who climbed what this past weekend?

summitseeker

My dogs were the ones accused of sniffing someone's rear near the dihedrals. It was their first outing to Smith and except for the sniffing incident, I heard no other complaints. They were leashed all weekend and reasonably well-behaved. I apologize to anyone who was offended by getting sniffed by my dog.

Its a difficult decision whether to bring the dogs - pro: enjoy outdoors together vs con: someone might get sniffed (and miffed.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday we did Mailbox, Saturday I went up to Gothic Basin/Del Campo, and Sunday I tagged the summit of Vesper in less than desirable conditions (from the Sunshine Mine trail/Headlee Pass), and Tuesday I climbed at Cascade Crags as they installed new flooring underneath us, but hey - it was free climbing!

Everybody and their mother was there at Smith last weekend. I was pretty content just hiking around looking for my friends Saturday. Lots of sunshine and tons of climbers. Did that hiking loop and got to see the monkey face, cool. Met up with them at the Dihedrals.And that's where I saw the two pint-sized fidos humping each other on a tight leash. I didn't have a problem with any of the fidos there. I was super-impressed with those two guys heading up that 5.12 wall right next to Karate Krack. It was insane watching these guys go all the way up that without hanging, several times a piece. If anyone saw some momo going up Cinammon Slab in the dark, that was me. I went back during the day and it was much easier. Friends took me up Cry Baby, Pack Animal, and a few others in that area.

I did like seeing those two guys heading up that 5.12 wall. One of them went on litter patrol and I thought that was pretty cool. So I picked up all the trash and cigarette butts I saw on my way out Sunday. Smith Rocks is awesome, too bad it's such a long drive.