thumbs

gapertimmy

look usualy I don't give a shit who makes fun of what... I just choose not to. My point here I think is a valid one. WEhat is the diffrence between making fun of someone with a speach impedament as opposed to some one who is deaf, or blind or has ceyreral palsey. can any of those people help how they are diffrent? There are people who's speach is so bad that they live with it for the rest of there lives. I think that they desurve to be heard as much as anyone else. I find NO HUMOR in making fun of a lisp or stutter. I realy thought DFA had more compasion than that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

yes Iain we all know SK can't spell for shit. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I learned when I was in special ed class for my dixlexia a long time ago that it doesn't matter what people think of me. I acknowledge that I can not spell, there for that FACT can not harm me. What I am talking about to you is you being a hypoctit DFA

Question: Why are we not infuriated by direct mockery of your spelling impediment, which is arguably the internet analog of a speech impediment?

PullinFool said:

I find NO HUMOR in making fun of a lisp or stutter. I realy thought DFA had more compasion than that.

Tell us more about your delicate sensibilities, Muffy rolleyes.gif

blush.gif you could hear me laughing at drus joke from there blush.gif dang I better turn the sound down on this thing wink.gif

DFA, I think I made my point. I hope you will take a look at what I was trying to say to you.

You're still missing the point that the Doctor was not making fun of people who lisp, but rather using the lisped "s" as a vehicle for a play on words, much as the penguin is a vehicle for the ever-popular "looks like you blew a seal" play on words. There was nothing derogatory toward lispers about the wordplay in question. It didn't belittle them or imply that they were stupid or take away their right to speak and be understood.

PullinFool said:

I actually have a friend who is dyslexic, and has enough of a sense of humor about it that he got a bumper sticker for his car:

DYLSEXICS UNTIE

my point was not about me or how I feel so much as about DFA being a hypocrit. wink.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif funny bumper sticker BTW smile.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

You're still missing the point that the Doctor was not making fun of people who lisp, but rather using the lisped "s" as a vehicle for a play on words, much as the penguin is a vehicle for the ever-popular "looks like you blew a seal" play on words. There was nothing derogatory toward lispers about the wordplay in question. It didn't belittle them or imply that they were stupid or take away their right to speak and be understood.

point taken. I still think that is thin ice if you want to spend your time judging what others think is humerous. And telling them that they are wrong.

snoboy said:

I'm confused.gif too.

Muffy is being very PC today. wazzup.gif wid dat?

why thank you snowboy wink.gif I am glad you noticed. I was palying devils advocate for DFA laugh.gif He found it necisary to complain about a joke that was posted so i thought I would point out that his joke was insensitive as well, and that if we all walk arrouind being totaly PC all the time that everyone might as well give up all jokes and never say anything at all.

why thank you snowboy wink.gif I am glad you noticed. I was palying devils advocate for DFA laugh.gif He found it necisary to complain about a joke that was posted so i thought I would point out that his joke was insensitive as well, and that if we all walk arrouind being totaly PC all the time that everyone might as well give up all jokes and never say anything at all.

We all saw right through you! wink.giftongue.gif PC doesn't fit you very well. yellaf.gif

I thought DFA's joke was not his usual caliber, bought that it was mildly amusing. I really don't think it was offensive though. It wasn't aimed at anyone, in the way trashk's poem was.