i just can't get enough

minx

On my way to work i was pondering my position on war with Iraq. I found that a few questions kept reoccuring as I considered my position. How do you guys answer these?

a)are you anti-war in every situation?

b)do you think the situation can be resolved by diplomatic

means?

c)do you think Hussein needs to be ousted from power?

d)is the human rights situation in Iraq any of our business?

e)would you support this war if there was more

international support for the U.S. position?

f)do you believe that the evidence presented by both Shrub

and the Inspectors overwhelming?

g)what do you think the real administration agenda is ousting Hussein? oil? weapons? human rights? something else?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I found mine is not as consistent as it should be.

You're a woman, what do you expect?

MidEast stabilization may not be any of our business, but since it is in the best interest of some of our prime allies (Israel & Turkey, to name two) we have a stake in it.

consistency, it's all about consistency.

isn't it time we untangle some of our relationships? It may be in their best interest but is it really in OURS?

I found mine is not as consistent as it should be.

You're a woman, what do you expect?

MidEast stabilization may not be any of our business, but since it is in the best interest of some of our prime allies (Israel & Turkey, to name two) we have a stake in it.

Greg,

i have been reading up on the middle easy a tad. and the thing that really gets me. other then having a foot in the door of the middle east.(and somehow that damn foot is stuck and in pain!!!) isreal appears to be more of colony type investment for the us. i state this as i am unaware of any return to our country from them. it appears they are on the dole. allowing us and our service men to be killed for their protection. now i know the isrealli army is quite skilled and adept to hadling their neighbor, but with our weapons and cash. turkey is the in the same boat, but with significant less conflict.

so how does this really help our country? i see it as more of a beat to the drum of death?

and why do we feel the need to enforce our xhristain belief of democracy and a free state into a land of tribes, whom only form of settlement is violence. isnt that like grabbing the coal without a mit?

so in my thinking the only reason that can be supported by the american people would be economically. and it is summed up with the word "OIL". and funny how alot of people think that my brother or any american should not die for the gain of the bushes wealth.

soverginty is fought by the people who want it. look into the word. it means self governd an independent. now i do not say that we allow wars to continue throughout the world. but there does need to be something in it for the american citizens as a whole.

Erik - If you've been reading up on it, then you know more than I; I am sure. However, I do know that Israel exports a good amount of electronic components to the U.S. That is my only defense. I truly believe that we still do what we do for Israel out of GUILT, and a HUGE pro-Israel lobby in Congress. They are on the dole, big time, but I don't really know what the trade deficit is; maybe no one does. I would be in favor of pulling out completely and seeing what happens, PROVIDED we have the means to procure the imports we will lose due to the regional war that would be inevitable.

Democracy and a "Free State", as you call it, are NOT Christian ideas. The ideas of self-government, liberty, and self-determination rise from the Natural Law school of thought. As individuals, we are instilled with, or born with, certain rights that no other man has a 'right' to take away. These rights may be a product of a Creator or implicit to our existence as independent beings, whatever your belief. The right to be free is born into all of us; as is the right to practice this freedom.

a)are you anti-war in every situation?

b)do you think the situation can be resolved by diplomatic

means?

c)do you think Hussein needs to be ousted from power?

d)is the human rights situation in Iraq any of our business?

e)would you support this war if there was more

international support for the U.S. position?

f)do you believe that the evidence presented by both Shrub

and the Inspectors overwhelming?

g)what do you think the real administration agenda is ousting Hussein? oil? weapons? human rights? something else?

a)no

b)yes

c)probably

d)just as much as in other countries

e)yes, if there was a real good reason

f)not yet, if they have overwhelming evidence, lets see it.

g)oil and pride-(a seven deadly sin grin.gif)

Geek_em8.gif