Necronomicon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mr. Moderator:

If you're going to be strong-handed and delete the subsequent posts, why not delete the whole topic and explain why?

Personally, I think it revealed both cruel and compassionate responses from unsuspecting sources.

I wanted to ask Miss Muffy what Pat Robertson had done to her (not that I am his supporter), because she seems to approve that he deserves to die in a slow and probably painful fashion and speculates about the mind of God even though she doesn't believe in God. ???????

Edited by Dwayner

Hey Mr. Moderator:

If you're going to be strong-handed and delete the subsequent posts, why not delete the whole topic and explain why?

Personally, I think it revealed both cruel and compassionate responses from unsuspecting sources.

I wanted to ask Miss Muffy what Pat Robertson had done to her (not that I am his supporter), because she seems to approve that he deserves to die in a slow and probably painful fashion and speculates about the mind of God even though she doesn't believe in God. ???????

They did toughguy. Reread the Subject title.

Gee whiz. I'm at a loss for words. I don't have an opinion on this matter because it might hurt someone's feelings and have to be deleted. I'm walking on egg shells. fruit.gif

thats what I was thinking.

Dawayner you are aan ass and I have lost all respect for you. Didn't you just say something yesterday about people being allowed to express an oppinion. I expressed mine. I guess it wasn't populare enough.

You know what I don't like Pat Robertson either, but joking about how the guy has cancer is just wrong. If you spent your work week around cancer patients or had a friend or family member dying maybe you'd understand. Get real.

"When I said during my presidential bid that I would only bring Christians and Jews into the government, I hit a firestorm. `What do you mean?' the media challenged me. `You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe in the Judeo Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?' My simple answer is, `Yes, they are.'" --from Pat Robertson's "The New World Order," page 218.

This pretty much sums up Pat's political philosophy. Unfortunately for him, what he espouses here is blatantly unconstitutional, as Article VI, Section 3 states: "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The mission of the Christian Coalition is simple," says Pat Robertson. It is "to mobilize Christians -- one precinct at a time, one community at a time -- until once again we are the head and not the tail, and at the top rather than the bottom of our political system." Robertson predicts that "the Christian Coalition will be the most powerful political force in America by the end of this decade." And, "We have enough votes to run this country...and when the people say, 'We've had enough,' we're going to take over!"--Pat Robertson

Ah, the vision of a Christian Coalition takeover...warms the heart to a boil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Constitution of the United States, for instance, is a marvelous document for self-government by the Christian people. But the minute you turn the document into the hands of non-Christian people and atheistic people they can use it to destroy the very foundation of our society. And that's what's been happening." -- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club, Dec. 30, 1981

Who was it that talked about having a wall between church and state? That's right, Thomas Jefferson...but what the hell did that guy know?

"It is interesting, that termites don't build things, and the great builders of our nation almost to a man have been Christians, because Christians have the desire to build something. He is motivated by love of man and God, so he builds. The people who have come into (our) institutions (today) are primarily termites. They are into destroying institutions that have been built by Christians, whether it is universities, governments, our own traditions, that we have.... The termites are in charge now, and that is not the way it ought to be, and the time has arrived for a godly fumigation."--Pat Robertson, New York Magazine, August 18, 1986

This is possibly one of the worst things that Pat has ever said. I challenge any of his followers to defend the idea of fumigating the non-Christian "termites." It astounds me that Newt Gingrich could publicly admire such a man and get away with it.

What do you think of this? I don't wish him a slow and painful death, or death at all, for that matter, but this guy pisses me off. Not just my misinformed opinion, seems like some people share it.

Go to http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/7027/quotes.html for more.

fruit.gif

PS: Right on, Jon.

You know what I don't like Pat Robertson either, but joking about how the guy has cancer is just wrong. If you spent your work week around cancer patients or had a friend or family member dying maybe you'd understand. Get real.

One of my dearest best friends in the world is dying from breast cancer right now. One of the things that I love about her the most is THAT SHE JOKES ABOUT IT. My Grandmother died from colen cancer. My uncle died from colen cancer that same year. My grandfather died from lung cancer that spread to his liver. I was not joking. I was making a comment about Karma.

My wife seems to be slipping away from cancer, but I don't feel a lot of pitty for Robertson.

At least he's lived a fair amount of time, and all of it spent preaching hate, and getting rich. Maybe now he'll change his tune and show some compassion. I kind of doubt it though. He'll probably be a hatefull vampire to the end.

not like the dude is dying of it... they are gonna core out his prostate. something like 40%of men can look forwards to this operation at some point in their future so take yer anti oxidants.

Hey Muffy:

You expressed your opinion, and I expressed mine. Good. I asked for clarification. You got hostile. Did you expect that I was required to agree with you? No one demands a popular response, but some might hold you to your words, or ask you to think through what you stated or implied.

I don't necessarily disrespect you because of the opinion you seem to express but I guess you aren't up to the challenge. Name-calling such as "you are aan ass" speaks for itself. By the way, I don't miss your respect because I never assumed I had it anyway.....a good way to survive in this internet message world.

shalom, Dwayner

And by the way, if you're going to stoop to name calling, do check the spelling: it's "an ass".

Hey Muffy:

You expressed your opinion, and I expressed mine. Good. I asked for clarification. You got hostile. Did you expect that I was required to agree with you? No one demands a popular response, but some might hold you to your words, or ask you to think through what you stated or implied.

I don't necessarily disrespect you because of the opinion you seem to express but I guess you aren't up to the challenge. Name-calling such as "you are aan ass" speaks for itself. By the way, I don't miss your respect because I never assumed I had it anyway.....a good way to survive in this internet message world.

shalom, Dwayner

And by the way, if you're going to stoop to name calling, do check the spelling: it's "an ass".

Gee thanks tongue.gif

you believe what makes sense to you and I will believe what makes sense to me.

Funny, this is how Pat Robertson lived his life, as well. Making light of another's disease in a mean-spirited way is just not nice.

I was not making light at all. I was pointing out that I believe that there are no accidents. There is an (in my oppinion) energetic componant to most illnesses. That may or may not be true in Pat Robertsons case. We are all tested in our own ways according to our own beliefs.

and I don't think Robertson is the live and let live kind of person. He is more the "everyone should believe my way" kind of guy.

You're right, because that is one of the tenets of Christianity: to spread the Gospel. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing (unless, taken to the extreme "believe my way or die" as in the Inquisitions).

and I don't think Robertson is the live and let live kind of person. He is more the "everyone should believe my way" kind of guy.

You're right, because that is one of the tenets of Christianity: to spread the Gospel. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing (unless, taken to the extreme "believe my way or die" as in the Inquisitions).

i was reading one of ther responses to dr. laura online somewhere, and it notes that a section of the bible saying that homosexuality is an abomination, also says that eating shellfish is an abomination, and wearing clothing made of mixed fabrics is an abomination. any bible scholars out there confirm or deny this???

like to see some xtians head for ivars and preach to the sinners there abominating themselves with the clam chowder.