• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all kidding aside...you were the best bigdrink.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

oh what are you laughing at muffy? he's right for a change wink.gif

trask you were fantastic but you're still an idiot.

If you haven't figured it out... I will leave you to it. wink.gif just remeber that a dog never changes his spots wink.gif

To be fair Mattp, Nelson said a lot of other stupid shiat too.

Let's see:

In September, he said that neither the US or Britain had shown any evidence that Iraq actually had weapons of mass destruction and he called for UN involvement in the situation. He jokingly noted that Cheney had opposed his release from prison while the majority of the U.S. Congress had supported it and said that this was an illustration of how Cheney is conservative.

Two weeks ago, in addition to pointing out that we are the only country to have used nukes, he said that (1) he thought our quest for control over oil production/distribution was an important motive in this situation; (2) it is hypocritical that we allow Israel to get away with acts of terror and to amass weapons of mass destruction; (3) it is deplorable that the U.S. would go outside the U.N. in its efforts to confront Iraq; (4) Bush is arrogant and lacks foresight in his war planning; and (5) it appears our foreign policy may be racially oriented because we are ignoring Annan.

You may call that "stupid shit" but I call it speaking his mind, and I believe there are lots of people (including Norman Schwartzkopf for one) who agree with at least some of what he said. The outraged reactions against his statement appear to me to be an expression of the narrow-minded view that this is war and you are either for us or against us. I don't think that is a useful viewpoint, even if you ARE in support of going to war against Iraq. Can't we tolerate a public figure's stating that the U.S. may be doing the wrong thing? What's wrong with discussing issues like this -- and in this manner?