Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

questions Questions about new forum software?

Are there any questions about the new forum software?

Other than the TR database, which we are working on, are there any "I used to this on the old software, and now I can't figure out how to do it with the new forum software" type questions?

What do you think?

I like it, especially for posting TRs and pics.  So much easier for everything ....

@olyclimber can chime in on this but I think the gallery was the main thing delaying the upgrade and, in the end I think they went away?   I believe if the images were in TR they carried forward but otherwise I don't think so?  Perhaps @jon can confirm.

@Z-Man the photos themselves are still on the server, but we had to abandon the gallery. The old gallery software was no longer being updated and they stopped selling it, and had become a security risk for our server. I tried importing the gallery into the gallery app our current software provider makes, but it was becoming highly problematic and too big of a blocker to convert the forum, so we decided to move forward without it. I will try to import the gallery at a later date, but I'm placing a big priority on getting the Trip Report search back up.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jon said:

@Z-Man the photos themselves are still on the server, but we had to abandon the gallery. The old gallery software was no longer being updated and they stopped selling it, and had become a security risk for our server. I tried importing the gallery into the gallery app our current software provider makes, but it was becoming highly problematic and too big of a blocker to convert the forum, so we decided to move forward without it. I will try to import the gallery at a later date, but I'm placing a big priority on getting the Trip Report search back up.

Right on, thanks. Havent been on the site for awhile. Theres some photos i lost track of and was hoping to track them down here. Will stay tuned