When PC goes too far

archenemy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when I was teaching High School, I had a principal tell me that I was crazy if I didn't think that my job was a political job. The fine line a teacher has to walk to keep his/her butt out of a political firestorm is tough. By the end of my career, there were numerous subjects that I would not approach because I could not accurately discuss the topic without some parent pissing off at the school. The reason teachers have become mediocre in their jobs is because parents have forced them to be that way. Sad, but true. And much like any other service industry, “the customer is always right” and parents rule the educational system. I finally quit.

kinda surprising, though not really, as they say history was written by the victors. how many things do you think have been obscured through the years im sure there are plenty. people in power get to basiclly control history by writing there version of the present, and spreading it all the while surpressing all other versions, how do you think our great grandkids are gona be exposed to our curent issuse/ furture history? im sure it'll will depend on the turn out of the war.

IE pearl harbour,gulf o tonkin, the moon thing, jfk,"the manhattan renov project",'sama , saddam,etc etc etc.'history has historically been writen by 'historians'. namely pushing ' his story'. history is facts and recorded history is a view of an angle of part of those facts. typothing.