• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Ted Raven

Leclerc's Winter

Outside of Frank Jourdan's epic soloing binge, has anyone had a better few months in the Rockies?

Jesus, Marc. Leave some adventure for the rest of us.

Also, your writing has improved by leaps and bounds. The Emperor Face write-up was phenomenal.

His writing has reached the level of his climbing for sure! What a run. Incredible to witness a career like this from the beginnings on this very site. Someone want to dig up an oldie tr from him? Please.

My personal favorite of the early TRs from Marc: Two White Boys on a Big White Hill

Some of the spray is hilarious given what has transpired in the intervening years. Especially that SummitchaserCJB.

In case you were wondering, here's CJB's list for 2016 :

Since lists are fun, i'll do a top 5 of real, serious objectives from now until 2016.

1. Dragontail Triple C

2. Mt Stuart Sherpa Route solo.

3. Mt Colchuck

4. Prussic in winter.

5. Ski a technical line off a peak

6. Do a link up of three peaks (bivy allowed)

7. Do Stuart Glacier Couloir

I'll leave it at that. The list may contract or expand. I'll keep you updated with videos and hopefully lots of photos.

Bye for now.

Edited by JasonG

Wait, he just started climbing in 2008??!!

Marc's first TR on this site: http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=790223

Just a wee bit of progress since then.

No, cause he posted as cheamclimber for two years before he re-registered under his real name

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=613895

Oh, that makes it all seem so much more reasonable.

I had forgotten about that switch, thanks!

+1

He sure has learned a lot in a relatively short time but it is his respect for the mountains that stands out to me as the most important part of his overall approach to his climbing, and writing. Respect like this bodes well for us being able to enjoy his stories for a long time to come.

As I slowly age out of the sport I love, it is gratifying to see guys like this come up.

d