GregW & Erik apparently haven't told us everything

allthumbs

Two local climbers were injured when their pickup truck left the road and struck a tree near Index on State Highway 2 early Friday. Snohomish County deputy Dovey Hart reported the accident shortly after midnight Friday.

GregW, 33, of Seattle and Erik Snyder, 29, of Tacoma were returning to Seattle after a climbing trip. On an overcast Friday night, GregW’s pickup truck headlights malfunctioned. The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the older model truck had burned out.

As a replacement fuse was not available, Greg noticed that the .22 caliber bullet from his pistol fit perfectly into the fuse box next to the steering wheel column. Upon inserting the bullet the headlights again began to operate properly and the two men proceeded on westbound toward the Sultan Bridge. After traveling approximately twenty miles and just before crossing the river, the bullet apparently overheated, discharged and struck Snyder in the right testicle.

The vehicle swerved sharply right, exiting the pavement and striking a tree. Snyder suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the accident, but will require surgery to repair the testicle. GregW sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and released.

"I've been a trooper for ten years in this part of the world, but this is a first for me. I can't believe that those two would admit how this accident happened," said WA State Trooper Mike O’Brien.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic