BLING BLING

erik

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, DFA agrees that SUVs are pretty lame for a number of reasons, but that article was written in an almost unreadably hysterical tone. Settle down and present your side of the story, don't beat the reader over the head with a bunch of crazed rhetoric.

But anyway, maybe the author of the article should have read 'Culture of Fear', which totally debunks road rage, making the following paragraph totally meaningless:

"But it was not the public-policy fiasco of the SUV that was on my mind that morning so much as the existential fiasco of the SUV. These vehicles have converted driving from a convenience and sometimes a pleasure into a nerve-wracking Darwinian battle. Justified as a response to road rage, SUVs and light pickups are actually the root cause of it. Can it be a coincidence that road rage started to become a national concern in the mid-1990s, just as these pharaonic contraptions began flooding the roads? Can it be a coincidence that road rage gets worse annually, pretty much in sync with the annual rise in the percentage of vehicles that are SUVs or pickups?"

Pretty weak argument, really.

I WAS COMMENTING ON THE SELLING OF THIS POOR CHILDS SOUL....SOO MUCH MONEY IN ANOTHER RIDICULOUS GAME...

THIS KID CERTAINLY MAY BE A PRODIGY OR WHATEVER, BUT HAVE YOU HEARD HIM SPEAK ON TV....HE CANNOT EVEN SPEAK WITHOUT MUMMBLING...LET ALONE SPEAK IN CLEAR SENTENCES...

B-BALL CAN EAT MY @#@%$^#

THAT IS WHAT I FIND PATHETIC.....

THE SUVS...WHATEVA....

I don't know anything about b-ball. But I do think it is sad that some one can escape from highschool with out much of an education. unfortunatly we can not realy legislate parenting, and it truely is a parents responsability to care for and educate a child. I do hope this kid is street smart enough to know that it can only last for so long and that he puts some cash aside for his future.

I do however think that professional athleates ,movie stars and musicians get paid WAY too much.

Getting back to Erik's topic. This whole thing is just obsurd. The kid's sure going to have a skewed view of reality. I truly hope that his b-ball career is kind to him b/c if not the real word sure is going to be a shock!

As for SUVs i have no solid opinion. Situational ethics all the way!

Any one who is going to make the kind of money he is going to make will have a screwed up sense of reality. The argument could be made that high school sports offer more kids the opportunity for education than not. This kid is phenomenal...it's too bad he's not going to college first, but what would you do if you were offered 30 million a year to play a game?

well because I am 30, and have seen a few things I would take it and laugh all the way to the bank cool.gif

I just hope this kid has something besides basketball going for him. Like I said, I know nothing, I haven't seen the kid don't know him or anything. I just know that at 18 if some one had given me 30 mill, christ I would have fucked it up.

LeBron James is going to eaten alive in the NBA - He's showing off way to much and they'll expose his weaknesses, like have NO jumper what so ever and the big guys can't wait to drill him for being so brash so young.

Being a star in the NBA from high school is an anomely, tall the guys who've been drafted over the past few years are still sitting the pine. Only Amare Stoudemire has a real game. LeBron is going to make some serious cash but a star...unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...
TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF

i read all the stories that are attached to this one and wtf?? what are these people doing??? i played soccer last night, and for the other teams there appeared to be no fun, only attitude and aggression. these are games people, mena to have fun and excerise.

i hate professional sports

"If I had known I was violating anything, I would've never done it," James said. "I would've never jeopardized my eligibility. I would've never jeopardized my team."

James, saying he has a 3.5 grade-point average, thought the store was rewarding him for his schoolwork.

Yeah right dude...3.5 my ass moon.gifyelrotflmao.gif

The kid probably is going to be amazing a few years down the road, he'll have a learning curve similar to Kobe probably. Kevin Garnett seemed to do okay coming out of high school. Jermaine O'Neal's progress was slowed down due to being buried on the Blazers bench for years, but he's immerged as probably the best big man in the East since he went to the Pacers. The high schoolers that were drafted in '01 have been a bust so far, but it's a little early to totally give up on them. I don't think high schoolers should be eligible for the draft, but the NBA doesn't consult me about it and teams are going to keep picking the best ones (the rest are screwed if they don't get picked). What about all the damn Europeans that are getting drafted now, most of them aren't going to turn out as good as Nowitski, Gasol, or Stojockavich (spelling?). A lot of them turn out to be busts, too. Whatever happened to drafting American college players? wazzup.gif