DFA's Wine Buy of the Week

Dr_Flash_Amazing

Don't miss this one, folks: 1999 Geyser Peak Cabernet Sauvignon, $14. Huge flavor with a lot of chocolate and velvety-smooth baking spice, supported by a rich foundation of round cherry and plum notes. Endless finish. Plenty of oomph to hold its own with any dinner, sweet and smooth enough to pair with dessert, without being cloying or sugary. Five stars.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cali can't grow a good cab grape, can they?

while I agree with DFA's uncharacteristically non-elitist "if it tastes good, drink it" response, I still have to ask... you're joking, right? that's kind of like saying "hey, there's really not much to climb in the north cascades, is there...?"

I've never been impressed with wines from California. Go South American. Good cabernets from Chile that have more body, in my opinion. Not much of a white wine drinker, but the Riesling from Columbia Winery is nice (Chateau St. Michelle's is nice, too) as well as the Chardonnay from Columbia Crest (good for warm weather).