Finally, a viable defense against terrorists!

Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the dumbest fucking idea, though. The only time one of these interceptor dealies worked in a test was when the target missile had some kind of RF transmitter on it so the interceptor could find it. Shabby science there.

For all your skepticism of the science behind global warming and demands for super stringent evidence of such, and for all your complaining about the government taking your money to help other people out, you righties will sure roll over and give up the dough for an unproven defense against a nonexistent threat. What, pray tell, is up with that?

confused.gif

Edited by Dr_Flash_Amazing

And look at how much money gets pissed away on the space program! And for what? Super quintuple sattelite weather forecasts that can't tell you for sure if it's going to rain past tomorrow? An American flag on the moon? Pictures of Uranus (had to say it)?

This missile defense gig is of even less use! What happened to new tactics for a new kind of threat, to paraphrase Bush's post 9/11 rhetoric? Made a nice sound bite, but the philosophy obviously didn't run too deep, as we're back to missiles. What a crock of poops.

And look at how much money gets pissed away on the space program! And for what? Super quintuple sattelite weather forecasts that can't tell you for sure if it's going to rain past tomorrow? An American flag on the moon? Pictures of Uranus (had to say it)?

Without the space program, you wouldn't have velcro, microchips, cell phones, satellite television, and a whole host of other things that I can't think of right now.

unfortunately NASA never was about space exploration, but was rather a bit of political muscle flexing. We haven't been back to the moon and all funding has dried up after the Soviet fall. NASA is equally to blame, as they waste so much time and money just trying to organize themselves nevermind getting any R&D done. It'll take another shuttle crash (we're running shuttles that are much older than most cars on the road) to either axe NASA completely for awhile or kick it back into gear. My guess is axing, since all money will be going to lasers in space now apparently.

So, Iain, you're saying that JFK's push for NASA to reach the moon was just a boondoggle to draw public attention away from the fact that he was banging Marilyn Monroe and a string of other hotties? Diabolical!!! Even my conspiracy theory-infested mind didn't think of that one. Good sleuthing!!

Shit, man, we could make do with snaps (preferably the pearl ones like on cowboy shirts), vacuum tubes, corded rotary phones and cable TV.

Hold up there, buster. DFA just remembered that some dude invented Velcro after looking at the burrs stuck to his hunting pants after a day in the woods. NASA didn't invent that shit. And what did they have to do with cell phones, Mayor McCheese?

Leave me alone, I'm just in a mood to argue today.

Massive miniaturization efforts were undertaken by NASA in an effort to reduce weight and bulk of equipment necessary for space travel. This is the main reason you and your giant, bulbous head were rejected from the astronaut program.

Edited by Greg_W

Since I was not alive during the race to the moon I feel a bit sheepish talking about it, but it was clearly an "I'm better than you" game. It was most likely not because of any "humanity must explore our final frontier" liberal Star Trek stuff. Otherwise, why are we not still out there exploring? NASA's next step is a "construction platform" at lagrangian point L1 between the moon and earth. Will we see that this century?