Worse than a turd on a ledge?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people just don't Internet that well.

Its going OK! It is pretty nuts how competitive the game is getting at 11u....not to mention how nasty some of the parents have been that we have run into. But i'm pretty impressed with the coaching on U's team, and we still have lots of baseball to go.

it is a lot like going to battle for sure. was just thinking about what i did when I was growing up and at this age. i wasn't walking directly into the fire of head to head competition like this. but U seems to like it. but its nothing like the personal battle of, say, trying to climb something at the next grade up.

my advice to all young sportsters:

"remember kid, if ya can't beat'em, at least hurt'em...and, if ya can beat'em, what the hell, why not hurt'em anyway?"

this may explain why i rarely played a full basketball game before fouling out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Zurd's Kids in the News!

Milton Bradley gets nearly 3-year jail sentence for abusing estranged wife

Published July 02, 2013

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES – Former Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Milton Bradley has been sentenced to nearly three years in jail for abusing his estranged wife.

Los Angeles prosecutors say the 35-year-old was sentenced Tuesday to 960 days in jail and also must perform 400 hours of community service. Bradley faced up to 7 1/2 years in jail.

Prosecutors say Bradley threatened and attacked his wife five times in 2011 and 2012. In one incident, Bradley pushed his wife against a wall and choked her after she asked him to stop smoking marijuana in front of their children and wanted his friends to leave their home.

Bradley played 11 years with the Dodgers, Montreal Expos, Cleveland Indians, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs and Seattle Mariners.

• 3 weeks later...