Drunk Driving

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG AGENDA!!!

Can you find a chart of the increase in revenue the gov't plans to make off this plan to save lives? :wave:

"the gov't" :lmao:

you mean, like each city and state's individual projected revenue increases from additional DUIs within their jurisdictions, combined into a single number? Do you think they're all in on it together??? OMG! How much do you think they're paying the NTSB? What's Obama's share?

OMG AGENDA!!!

Can you find a chart of the increase in revenue the gov't plans to make off this plan to save lives? :wave:

"the gov't" :lmao:

you mean, like each city and state's individual projected revenue increases from additional DUIs within their jurisdictions, combined into a single number? Do you think they're all in on it together??? OMG! How much do you think they're paying the NTSB? What's Obama's share?

you can break it down however you want, Robbie - by state, by local jurisdiction, in the aggregate.

The NTSB is charged with keeping accident stats, investigating public transportation accidents, and helping the victims of same.

They are making a recommendation, but states would have to pass the measure and state and local governments enforce it.

They really don't have a $$$ dog in this fight.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

The NTSB is charged with keeping accident stats, investigating public transportation accidents, and helping the victims of same.

They are making a recommendation, but states would have to pass the measure and state and local governments enforce it.

They really don't have a $$$ dog in this fight.

flip, flop

More accurately, its a fleecing operation.

Yes, I softened my kneejerk viewpoint after researching the issue a bit.

I don't drink, so personally, I don't really care that much either way. As a matter of public policy, I think the data supporting such a move is not as robust as the NTSB indicates, and the results seem to be mixed.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I miss the good ol' days when the BAC limit was .15 -- a guy could really enjoy a ballgame back then, before the nanny state took over with it's money-making agenda.

meh, right around the time the BAC limit took a dive the price of a ballpark dog, beer and ticket all skyrocketed anyhow - coincidence?!?

much cheaper to just get drunk at home :)