Personality Matters

RobBob

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally took the second test -istj - These quiet, no-nonsense Guardians have a distaste for and distrust of fanciness in speech, dress, and living space. Their words tend to be simple and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often homespun and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than up-to-date or luxurious. In their choice of personal property (cars, furnishings, jewelry, and so on) price and durability are just as important as comfort or appearance. Classics, antiques, and heirlooms are especially valued, having achieved a certain time-honored status—Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time. Even on vacation, Inspectors tend not to be attracted by exotic foods, beverages, or locales.

Okay, the 2nd test came up with a far more accurate appraisal. This time, though, it listed DFA as "ISFJ - Protector Guardian" 56% Introverted, 22% Sensing, 44% Feeling, 11% Judging. The overall description was closer also, but it still feels like the thing is off the mark a bit; perhaps an unavoidable flaw in a standardized test.

All in all, however, an entertaining diversion on a sunny Thursday afternoon when you're trapped in the office.

I am a one-percenter as well. The interesting thing is that most people choose mates that are not exact opposites, but who are oblique to theirs or near-opposites in this 16-block matrix. Also people who you work well with. This doesn't mean you understand'em...you just complement each other.

the matrix? right on, dude; that was a cool movie! (link please?)

i did find this:

It should be emphasized that there are no right or wrong attractions; in individual cases, any temperament can be attracted to any other, and for all sorts of reasons. On the other hand -- and this is said cautiously -- more than four decades of people-watching (I began observing character styles in 1956) reveal that romantic attractions are not random and indiscriminate, but show clear patterns and frequencies. In other words, persons of certain temperaments tend to be attracted to persons of certain other temperaments, and if they botch up the mating somehow, they are likely to be attracted to, and again marry, another person of the same temperament as their first mate.