twin sisters on sunday

leejams

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I was just going by the beckey guide and seems pretty easy as there is a map in there etc... No bike needed by the looks. May have to do some scouting around but seems the ridgeline breaks out fairly quickly. May have to park at the gate and walk the road a piece but no biggy.

friends and I got 6 kinds of lost trying to find this last weekend following the Beckey description. we got to the right place eventually but not with enough time to summit and descend before dark. you don't need a bike to get in, but it will make it faster to get down.

So how did it go on Sunday? Did you guys find your way up to the ridge without getting lost? I need to get back up there sometime again.

Was chilly on Sunday, up near Welker Peak searching/chopping down a x-mas tree. Nice views of Baker and Shuksan. Doesn't feel like December seeing those mtns w/o snow.

Hit a nice patch of ice going 50 mph on the Baker Lake Road. Got out of it before I consciously knew what I was doing shocked.gif!!

LeeJams and Alpine Tom were kind enough to invite me along on this outing. Although the west ridge offers no real technical challenge, it consists of some of the finest rock for climbing that the region has to offer. There was a fair bit of snow on North Twin's northern aspect, but the route which follows the west ridge was snow free until just before the top. We topped out just before 1:30 took a half hour to enjoy the sweeping view before heading down in hopes of getting off before dark. The darekness did catch up with us though as we bicycled the six miles back from the trailhead to the gated bridge where we had left the car.