Index climbing conditions now?

Kraken

So after two weeks of glorious climbing in Joshua Tree I'm back in the PNW for a few days before continuing on my travels. It has been dry and looks to stay dry for a few days. Think there is any chance lower town wall is dry, or dryish?

I have only climbed there once, in August, but with nothing else going on and no ski gear I'd like to try and climb stone if possible.

Thoughts from some locals? It is probably a pipe dream but I have to ask.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/monroe/default.aspx?cam=9051

If we get a sunny-ish day, I think your chances are good. The main LTW gets good sun exposure in winter, with all the leaves gone. The climbs at The Country dry fast as well.

If you can get access to a bouldering pad, I know that folks have been seeing good conditions at the nearby boulders in Goldbar.

any thoughts on Vantage?

infinitely inferior to index, weather permitting :)

Vantage is fine in February and has lots of good climbing when granite is not available and the alternative is Young and the Restless on TV).

You might want to wait for the inversion to move on, unless you like climbing in 30 degree ice fog.