allthumbs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by To The Top:

But the taxsprayers just built a whole new stadium for them. Talk about government doing all the wrong things with taxpayers money.
[Eek!]

There's nothing wrong with a stadium, and I can't think of a better way to spend tax money. A losing football team is better than no football team. Do you have any idea how lucky we are to have an NFL team?

Enough with all of the loser talk already. I'm tired of climbers who are still dejected about the fact that they were too wimpy to play high school ball. Go eat your frickin' tofu, have a soya late and brood in some beat cofee joint. I don't care. But either get behind the Hawks or STFU.

Hey JKassidy,

I probably have played more football than most. All I am saying is Government should stick to the doing what government is supposed to do, like build roads, work on the justice system, manage sewer, and work on the unprofitable infrastructure, not building state of the art stadiums for anyone, especially over paid steriod poppers and owners. I gave up caring about big business sports after I saw the spirit of the game is lost in a boardroom. I say play on but not at the expense of taxpayers, thats all.

TTT [MR T]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

Eat shit Kassidy.
[Moon]
I played ball from little league all the way through school. What's lucky about having a losing embarrassment of a football team? It's pathetic.
[Mad]
If Paul Allen doesn't care enough to field quality personal and coaches, then I say good riddance. Go Dawgs!!!
[big Drink]

Yes, I agree. Go Dawgs! Woof! But Mike has a winning tradition...hey, we beat Dallas didn't we? I admit, I'm ready for a winning season.

Mike's a fucking wanker. He had Favre at Green Bay and inherited Wolf's team. It didn't take a great coach to extract greatness for a couple of seasons. Actually, Mike was often criticized at GB for his conservative play calling. The real reason the team won was because Favre would improvise and shine. It would piss off Mike to no end. At San Francisco, he had Montana...what can I say?

Bottom line, Holmgren is a sub-par coach with a head splitting ego. He bilked the Seahawks out of a shitload of money, and is laughing all the way to the bank. When he resigns or is fired here at Seattle, he will never be a head coach again.

Run the fucker out of town on a rail for all I care. Go Dawgs!!!

quote:

Hey JKassidy,

I probably have played more football than most. All I am saying is Government should stick to the doing what government is supposed to do, like build roads, work on the justice system, manage sewer, and work on the unprofitable infrastructure, not building state of the art stadiums for anyone, especially over paid steriod poppers and owners. I gave up caring about big business sports after I saw the spirit of the game is lost in a boardroom. I say play on but not at the expense of taxpayers, thats all.

TTT
[MR T]

Government is supposed to.....how about provide a facility where a working class man can enjoy a bunch of beer and spend a good fraction of his paycheck on a Sunday afternoon? There's something to be said for the way watching football provides an escape from the oppession of an industrialized, assembly-line workweek. A guy can punch in at Boeing all week and tolerate how fucked up his life really is, just knowing that he's got Sunday's big game and ESPN to look forward to....ain't that America? Doesn't that little dream (reliving your high school football glory days every Sunday while watching the Hawks) help keep the working man satisfied? Ain't that good for the economy? Ain't that worth funding with tax dollars?

I rest my case.

I think that government shouldnt be ruled out of doing this, it is just they should take care of a hiarchy of needs. No problem with working Joe who wants to take his son to games but why pay $6 a beer and $20 to park? All I am saying is government is in bed with big business on this one when they should be working on roads, parks or whatever. I know that it should all work out but it is a matter of priorities. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by jkassidy:

quote:

Hey JKassidy,

TTT
[MR T]

Government is supposed to.....how about provide a facility where a working class man can enjoy a bunch of beer and spend a good fraction of his paycheck on a Sunday afternoon? There's something to be said for the way watching football provides an escape from the oppession of an industrialized, assembly-line workweek. A guy can punch in at Boeing all week and tolerate how fucked up his life really is, just knowing that he's got Sunday's big game and ESPN to look forward to....ain't that America? Doesn't that little dream (reliving your high school football glory days every Sunday while watching the Hawks) help keep the working man satisfied? Ain't that good for the economy? Ain't that worth funding with tax dollars?

I rest my case.

The previous message was accompanied by the sweet vibes of Bruce Springstein's "Born In The USA". [laf]

[ 11-17-2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: trask ]