Aurorae borealis possible this weekend

sobo

From spaceweather.com:

Active sunspot 1401 erupted Jan. 19th, for more than an hour around 16:00 UT. The long-duration blast produced an M3-class solar flare and a Coronal Mass Ejection that appears to be heading toward Earth. Forecasters say strong geomagnetic storms are possible when the cloud arrives during the late hours of Saturday, Jan. 21st. High-latitude (and possibly middle-latitude) sky watchers should be alert for auroras this weekend.

I've only seen two aurorae borealis in my lifetime. If the sky clears up around here by Saturday night (unlikely, given the forecast), I'll be watching for #3... :tup:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS, with all this time you've invested obtaining your spray master rank, are you still w/CWMR? I kinda hoped you'da been @ MRNP last Monday.
Yep, still w/CWMR, but on voluntary LOA due to my crazy work schedule now and being on immediate business travel alert. Just can't really say where I'll be from day-to-day. RE Mr. Kim's incident, I got the text for a mission late Sunday night, but this past Monday was one of the few days that I've had some local work pop up. So I thought it better to take the hours rather than tell my super "thanks but no thanks." I think I probably made the better career move...

yeah, probably better for the career. How's the BSCX thing going?
Court date is next Tuesday morning. Update to follow in the Café... ;)

[rant]That's another thing. I hate calling it Counseling Corner. I liked it a lot better when it was called Café Sensitivioso...[/rant]

Speakin' of pourin'...I believe I felled a Big Man with but a single mai tai last weekend. He was beggin for a second, tho...

not a bit of begging, mind you, and i was just, uh, resting my eyes after a long and weary train-ride of grading papers n' swilling a far more vile hooch :)