Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg,

The rock hardness is part of the issue. In the case of the tuff at Smith, it's soft enough that bolts that get dogged on a whole lot (i.e. the 2nd bolt on Chain, or all the bolts on Churning) do eventually loosen up. Most of the time, it's not an issue, but there are some places, like those listed, where it is. Thus, glue-ins are a nice replacement alternative, especially if the bolt has been moved a couple times already, as was the case on Churning, apparently, which now sports the most bomber glue-in job ever created. Truly amazing bomberization job.

Now this is just my opinion mind you, and it's not my site, BUT, if political threads are kept in Spray, what's the harm? Isn't spray where we can take other non-climbing related discussions? Anyone that doesn't want to read or hear about politics or guns doesn't have to read it. EASY

Seems to me that just talking about the weather, horsecock and climbing day in and day out would quickly lose it's luster. But I'm just trask, what do I know?

[Moon]

Perhaps a good public works project in Oregon would be to glue the entire contents of Smith Rock State Park together so they could be enjoyed in perpetuity by both climbers and sight-seers alike. (Having said this, though, I think all assembled would agree it would be much cheaper to have a crew of illegal aliens do the work.)

ATTENTION:

Dr. Flash Amazing would like to remind everyone that this is a strictly nonpolitical thread. If you would like to start a political discussion or start your own nonpolitical discussion and then thread-drift it into politics, that would be nice. Please, however, respect the nonpolitical and thus not-at-risk-of-being-closed nature of this thread.

Thank you,

Dr. Flash "Apolitical" Amazing

ATTENTION:

Dr. Flash Amazing would like to remind everyone that this is a strictly polite thread. If you would like to start a rude discussion or start your own polite discussion and then thread-drift it into rudeness, that would be nice. Please, however, respect the polite and thus not-at-risk-of-being-closed nature of this thread.

Thank you,

Dr. Flash "Can't we all just get along?" Amazing

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

Doesn't matter. Everyone was being cool in the "Balance of Power" thread and it got chopped. People were being civil and shit and WHAM!! Closed.

I guess we can all spray about what a tubby chicken f'er Trask is...
[laf]

"Balance of Power" doesn't seem to be closed, it must have just dropped into the limbo zone the Jon mentioned as a symptom of server overload.