CRAMPON ADVICE NEEDED QUICK!

mzvarner

I am going to Bozeman to spend the weekend in Hyalite. I remembered that there was a problem with the BD Sabertooths and I never addressed this issue last year. Is it safe for me and my Fiance to climb on these crampons or should we quickly buy new ones?

I use the Sabretooth Pro on Trango extreme evo. My Fiance is on the Sabretooth Clip with womens Trango s Evo.

If I do need to buy new crampons, what do you recommend?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dane's blog can be a big help to considering what to do: http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/2011/02/soft-shoe-shuffle.html

Considering that Dane won't climb on them anymore, I might not allow my wife to climb on them at Ouray. This is sad, because I don't really want to get rid of them - but it's a scary enough thing to not have workable crampons and go ice climbing where a real injury can ensue. Flat glacier travel? I'd probably be ok. Don't want to see the frontpoints come off.

I thought they broke because the dude was using them with non-rigid boots, so whenever he took a step he stressed the crampon under the ball of his foot. The Evo is a rigid boot right? I wouldn't worry that they'll break but if you need an excuse to buy a new set of monos go for it. I'm loving my cyborgs, not sure I see the point of the new stingers unless you really think the couple ounces and lack of a free set of replacement points is worth it... pretty sure that topic has been covered in another thread though.

Edited by keenwesh