• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

I didn't think DFA was funny either, but playing internet cop is kind of a lost cause, especialy on this site.

I had a hard time holding back a while ago when some dick was posting those photos of the special olimpics, but I figured what's the use, people will say and think what they want...

Yeah, I see your point.

I'm outa this one.

actually i think i can prove you wrong on that one: i was the dick posting the special olympic pic. the caption was something like "arguing on the internet is like running in the special olymics, even if you win you're still retarded". i didn't think it made fun of retarded kids, i thought it made fun of people who try to win arguements on bbs boards. anyway, when someone posted that they found it obtectionable i edited it. so see, it does pay to be an internet cop.

on the other hand, i think i just called myself a retard.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

Originally posted by troubleski:

It could be that we use humor because we lack adequate (not having a good spelling day) emotional coping mechanisms for dealing with the brutal reality that is out there.

-

Oops, sorry, Scott, but DFA is back at it.

It's interesting that you a)posted a Red Meat comic strip, and b)picked the dead clown from the Red Meat comic strip as your avatar image. Are you a fan of the strip? DFA finds it positively hilarious. Red Meat has plenty of instances of child abuse, alcoholism (parent and child), dead clowns, drunk driving, animal misuse, abuse, and murder, and God knows how much other offensive material. All of it, however, is so over-the-top ridiculous, you can't help but laugh. So how is it that the instances of the kid getting locked in the basement or frequently psychologically abused by his dad are funny? Or any different from what the Doctor said? [Confused]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Oops, sorry, Scott, but DFA is back at it.

No problem.

quote:

It's interesting that you a)posted a Red Meat comic strip, and b)picked the dead clown from the Red Meat comic strip as your avatar image. Are you a fan of the strip? DFA finds it positively hilarious. Red Meat has plenty of instances of child abuse, alcoholism (parent and child), dead clowns, drunk driving, animal misuse, abuse, and murder, and God knows how much other offensive material. All of it, however, is so over-the-top ridiculous, you can't help but laugh. So how is it that the instances of the kid getting locked in the basement or frequently psychologically abused by his dad are funny? Or any different from what the Doctor said?
[Confused]

You notice I didn't post any of that ?

Sometimes Max is funny, sometimes he's not.

Sometimes you're funny, sometimes you're not.

Live with it.

[ 10-03-2002, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: ScottP ]

Please read the latest Max Cannon above very carefully. I think one will find it more in line with social commentary rather than an attempt at cheap humor.

Even as cheap humor, it wouldn't qualify as an endorsement; a satirical ADVOCATION of violence towards the innocent never qualifies as humor, unless one is a right-wing Nazi-loving pig-fucking nut-case.

So for Jesus Christ's love of God, think before you post, goddamn wack motherfuckers. Serious.

Dog Left me, Woman Died, Stuck in Doors, the Teacher took away my safety siscors, I flunked a spelling tets, now I have to listen to my coworkers talk about golf. (not that there is anything wrong with golf. I just have to listen to these guys). 401k is down. Rent is up. Small children keep pointing at me and laughing...

I guess you're right... it isn't such a bad day after all... [smile]

"When the situation is hopeless, you've got nothing to worry about."

- someone from The Monkeywrench Gang

And don't delude yourself, there is something wrong with golf. Shit, everything is wrong with golf. Golf is just wrong. Also, if small children laugh at you, just kick them in the teeth when their parents aren't looking. Little bastards. [Mad]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

(snip of other non-funny stuff)

Also, if small children laugh at you, just kick them in the teeth when their parents aren't looking. Little bastards.
[Mad]

Advocating violence toward children is not funny, dickhead.

It's an interesting coincidence that an adult recently punched a kid in the mouth and got beat to death for it.

Probably why you'd do it while nobody was looking.

[ 10-03-2002, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: ScottP ]

I ran in to a group of Snaffles the other day. nothing supprising there, but the disturbing part was the seemed to be getting organized. I opened the door to a step van that had been parked down by the Tieton, and there was a whole pack of them. (pride of snaffles, pod of snaffles???) Looked like they were traing for something big....

[sNAFFLEHOUND][sNAFFLEHOUND][sNAFFLEHOUND][sNAFFLEHOUND]