RocPec or Fixe?

Tyson.g

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be the first post on CC.com that didn't get a butt ton of opinionated answers right quick.

That leads me to believe that it is 6 one way a half dozen the other between the two.

Usually a guy gets opinions around here when they are not even asked for.

:)

I've used both more than my wrists like. (drilled nearly 100 by hand this year alone.)

I started out with the Hurricane but primarily I use the RocPec now. Not having to carry any wrenches really makes the RocPec excel for me. Of course if you don't want to use SDS bits the hurricane is the only way to go.

Edited by Wallstein

Roc pec is good for a few bolts, but eventually you might hit your hand on the small guard. :anger:

The fixe is a little heavier, but much less of a chance of hitting your hand since it has a fatty guard. I've got a fixe and I like it pretty well. Another important thing to think about is your hammer, a heavier hammer can make drilling go alot quicker, but do you want to haul the extra weight? Can't say I don't perfer a nice power drill though. : :tup:

I started out with the Hurricane but primarily I use the RocPec now. Not having to carry any wrenches really makes the RocPec excel for me. Of course if you don't want to use SDS bits the hurricane is the only way to go.

Mikey answered it for all rational people. The RocPec's fast bit change out is awesome (careful that you don't pinch your hand it though).

I find that hitting my hand has more to do with my technique, hammer weight and fatigue than the size of my drill guard.

I'm a righty and drill 40% left handed and managed to only whack my had every 5 bolts or so.

And yes the roc pec can pinch your hand but again if figure out how to hold it so that isn't an issue.