The_Saccharine_Trust

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

i think i want to start a club called, "the lonely bitter liberals"....

[Confused] I don't get it, did the story on the link change? I got a story about someone without a clue who has a plan to stop downloading copyrighted material, and just how much money the entertainment industry paid to buy him. What's that got to do with lonely bitter liberals? I'm a cheerful gregarious liberal, and I've worn out several eye patches whilst downloading pirated goods...

No no, the conservatives suck up to the business interests, the liberals suck up to fringe non-profit organizations. You know, like PETA with their current effort to ban fishing in WA State Parks because it hurts the fish. I have it on good advice that its okay to eat fish, cause they don't have any feelings.

I have to admit I wasn't able to put a label on the political leanings of the story.

But if I were to label someone I would probably say that there sure are a lot of conservatives that are anti-fun....not Trask though. [Wink]

[ 07-26-2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

I thought that was what Alpine K said [Wink]

AK- That was sort of the point. some sneetches were sneetches with, some were with out, but they couldn't go to the same party or have the same beliefs... you can look at it as a storey about ratial, or political diffrences. Because it is so imaginary I believe it works either way. BTW if you haven't seen the movie for Horten Hears A Hoo I strongly recomend it.